Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Replaced my Solo 2 with an Edision os-mega and no regrets.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Replaced my Solo 2 with an Edision os-mega and no regrets.

After a hell of a lot of thought and much doubt I replaced my solo2 with an os-mega recently. I wasn't unhappy with my solo2 it's just I wanted a fixed terrestrial tuner and I liked the idea of having three sat tuners when required (which isn't very often but it's still nice to have). The box itself looks pretty well, it's lighter than the solo2 and not quite as stylish but it doesn't look cheap. Despite the faster processer and more RAM the box doesn't seem any faster, in fact i'm pretty sure it isn't, It takes a similar time to boot, similar time to change channel, it's similar in every way which is no bad thing. I like it alot and it is now my main box. Anyone out there thinking about buying this box but put off because it sounds too good to be true for the money, have no doubt, it is excellent value for money and delivers performance wise too. I for one have no regrets, cracking box.
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busterroo For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (07-02-17),cactikid (09-02-17),mr.raw (27-04-17),roybach (22-02-17),Sicilian (07-02-17),Willo3092 (07-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Busterroo View Post
    After a hell of a lot of thought and much doubt I replaced my solo2 with an os-mega recently. I wasn't unhappy with my solo2 it's just I wanted a fixed terrestrial tuner and I liked the idea of having three sat tuners when required (which isn't very often but it's still nice to have). The box itself looks pretty well, it's lighter than the solo2 and not quite as stylish but it doesn't look cheap. Despite the faster processer and more RAM the box doesn't seem any faster, in fact i'm pretty sure it isn't, It takes a similar time to boot, similar time to change channel, it's similar in every way which is no bad thing. I like it alot and it is now my main box. Anyone out there thinking about buying this box but put off because it sounds too good to be true for the money, have no doubt, it is excellent value for money and delivers performance wise too. I for one have no regrets, cracking box.
    I second your opinion, I'm using it as my main receiver now.
    It's a steal considering the spec and price.
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kokojnr View Post
    I second your opinion, I'm using it as my main receiver now.
    It's a steal considering the spec and price.
    Agree totally. The specification and performance of the OS Mega is as good as kit costing twice the price. Very impressed. Highly recomended.

Title
    Thanks
    are these any good for sending to another tv via the rca outputs to another room?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I use my Video out and two audio outs on the Mega into my Slingbox. They work simultaneously with the HDMI no problem at all. I would recommend using an HDMI splitter however for another room, for the best quality. Add HDMI via ethernet if necessary.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks a great buy for the money

Title
    Thanks
    I have a triax modulator that I currently use for the magic eye. Is there a magic eye you can use with hdmi? I currently use the scart into my triax box would an av to scart cable work? I know the quality won't be hd though

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gilvey View Post
    I have a triax modulator that I currently use for the magic eye. Is there a magic eye you can use with hdmi? I currently use the scart into my triax box would an av to scart cable work? I know the quality won't be hd though
    Yes you can get IR transmitters and receivers to do this along HDMI cable. They are relatively cheap on ebay.

Title
    Thanks
    Just found out my triax will control other devices via its magic eye function. So hdmi splitter is all I need and a hole in the ceiling lol