Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue Quad Plus and LG Magic Remote

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue Quad Plus and LG Magic Remote

Hi,

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know a way to use the LG magic remote work with the Gigablue Quad Plus?

I've just purchased an LG OLED55B6P and it has an option to sync the remote with a STB however when you go to the menu Gigablue isn't an option of compatible box! i kid you not there must be over a hundred manufacturers listed (Vu+ and Dreambox included) but no Gigablue.

Is it possible to trick the TV in to using the gigablue by using another brands box? What iI'm trying to say is does Gigablue use the same remote control frequency as any other manufacturers box?

Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    J

Title
    Thanks
    So I have managed to get my LG magic remote working with the Gigablue Quad using HDMI CEC except the number keys and channel up and down don't work! I can navigate using the EPG, menu items and even use the coloured buttons for their functions. I have tried all the options in the HDMI CEC panel but nothing works. My physical address is 1.0.0.0 is this a problem and can I change it?

I'm so close to having this set up that if anyone could help throw some light on this I would be forever grateful???

Thanks again
    J