Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epg.

Title
    Thanks
    I have been saving it to internal flash most of the time using enabled csv import-yes and then go to open tv providers and select Sky UK open tv (Astra on 28.2).

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it finds 28.2 i cannot take a screen shot yet as i am trying to setup receiver

Title
    Thanks
    It also says when i check in the settings in EPG /Media/HDD not /media/usb

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Install the plugin from this thread, and run it. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...890-Remove-EPG

Then try CrossEPG again. Do not enable the csv import.

A USB stick will be mounted as /media/HDD if it is the only device connected. Do not try to alter the mount points please

Title
    Thanks
    I tried crossepg without enabling csv import and it only scanned 256 channels whereas it should scan 900+

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkhashidas View Post
    I tried crossepg without enabling csv import and it only scanned 256 channels whereas it should scan 900+
    Then it only found that number of valid services in your lamedb file.

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried this morning using an older VIX image from August 2016 openvix-4.2.001 and it seems to work fine. Seems like the newer images have a different way of setting up as they have slightly more features and options. I am hoping i could probably get away with using this old image constantly.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Epg.

You shouldn't be saving to Internal Flash so hopefully you are now saving to the HDD as per Abu's instruction? It will be a simple setup error on your part as CrossEPG & OpenTV Sky UK works flawlessly here on all my receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu I have tried all and everything and cannot seem to upload EPG at all.Do you do home visits? I am based in South London. Probably better someone showing me where i am going wrong.

Title
    Thanks
    If Cross EPG downloader only found 256 services, you need to update your channel data.

By the way, the latest version of CrossEPG has fewer options and simpler. We have removed some the satellites that are not configured and changed the order of the menus to simplify them. Still a desire to hide the online stuff unless a person wants them.

You said you are using an older image. You are jumping around instead of being methodical. It is very difficult to help people who jump around different things. When you are ready to follow advice given to you, please say so.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

garryboy (26-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Abu I have gone back to using newer image as older image worked fine for cross epg however when I did try tk scan receiver the receiver froze and vix image just going round and round

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried everything updating rytec providers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkhashidas View Post
    I have tried everything updating rytec providers
    Where in the video/pdf does it show you updating Rytec providers? You are doing something you should not but not saying what. You will keep going around in circles like that.

Please start again and do just what is shown/said.

Good luck.

Title
    Thanks
    As previously said in have tried all and everything advised to me in this forum and videos. Please be patient with me I am new to this sort of thing and never really encountered such issue so I am sorry if you have to get annoyed with me.

Title
    Thanks
    Morning Abu. Just a question having tried all recommendations for EPG i have one more question. I am using quite an old channel listing. By me running an ABM and then running EPG will this solve my problem you think? Are the 2 linked in someway?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast