Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: recording feature no longer working,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

recording feature no longer working,

hi guys.

looking for some help please.
    my box has been working fine for months but over the last week it have had issues with recording. when i set a program to record it does not record although i get a on screen message to say it has started to record it and when i go to my hdd it shows the program in there but when i click on it to play the screen goes black as if its stating to play and shows the epg title of what should play and the time duration bar. the time duration bar shows 0 hrs or mins and then just turns itself off and back to the original program i was watching.

dont know if it helps but i am able to record what i am watching.

anyone know what maybe wrong or able to help please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Turn on debug logs ......after the issue occurs ...do a restart 1st and then find the log and post
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have got up this morning and now found i cant update my tv guide. now not sure if this is down to something i have done while trying to fix the none recording issue or if the box just need a complete reset. when trying to update i get the message saying " timeout for tuner lock "
    i have turned on debug logs i think and sent it to email a copy to myself i think lol.
    when i attempt to sent the debug file to myself it tells me i have not setup my user info in the setup screen. i have added my email address to sentthe file to but it dont seem to do it. any idea what im doing wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    ftp the log to your pc and post it into this thread
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have got up this morning and now found i cant update my tv guide. now not sure if this is down to something i have done while trying to fix the none recording issue or if the box just need a complete reset. when trying to update i get the message saying " timeout for tuner lock "
    i have turned on debug logs i think and sent it to email a copy to myself i think lol.
    i am not sure but the file does not appear to be getting emailed to my or if it is its taking ages. how can i get the file on here for you to view?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    how do i ftp the file to my pc?

Title
    Thanks
    usually filezilla from wherever its stored on the receiver - provided you have stored on hdd or usb you will find it in /media/HDD or usb/logs
    Depending on your PC software you might see teh receiver directly at the receivers IP address
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    been year from when i last used filezila. can you remind me how i find out what the hist username pass and port is please.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    ftp the log to your pc and post it into this thread
    i have ftp'd to my pc do you just want me to copy and paste it into here as it seems to big very big? or is there a different way to do it?

Title
    Thanks
    You can attach it (just use go Advanced button -bottom right middle button)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

sut (17-01-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thank you so much for your help. i have fixed the issue though. when i started to think about the fact that i had lost the ability to record and download the epg i started to check the turners,
    i found i had no signal to turner . after a lot of looking checking and playing with the sat dish my neighbour finally came out and told me that she thinks she may have damaged my cable the other day while using the petrol strimmer.
    guess what yep she had badly damaged the cable and tried to hide it with a garden statue,

all fixed now after slicing and splicing in new cable all back to normal.

thank you so much for all the help.