Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unicable 2 LNB for Sky mini dish ok?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

So with a bit of effort i managed to remove the imcomaptible 38mm collar that was on my old dish.

So plan is to buy the 40mm collar adapter and unicable 2 LNB and get someone to install it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hey Guys

Thought i would update on you on how i get on installing a second dish using unicable 2.

So i was going to use my own old sky dish but that looked battered. I purchased a 2nd hand triax sky dish which is bigger than my sky dish that Sky q installed. (see photo)

So i got bought the unicable 2 LND and the 40mm adapter collar and it worked perfectly. I i got the unicable 2 lnb going into a splitter where one feed goes into the living room to my xtrend 8000 and the other feed into my ultimo 4k FBC satellite tuner.
    Big thanks to all your help and support here esp Abu who was really helpful.

You guys are geniuses
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joysleep1 For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (30-03-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I installed a GT-Sat GT-dLNB3DY lnb and lost half of my channels, the LNB skew is way further round than the sky supplied LNB and my RSSI went from 16db to 7-8 dBm. New dish on the way as I'm guessing the round LNB and oval dish don't match up.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stargateuser View Post
    I installed a GT-Sat GT-dLNB3DY lnb and lost half of my channels, the LNB skew is way further round than the sky supplied LNB and my RSSI went from 16db to 7-8 dBm. New dish on the way as I'm guessing the round LNB and oval dish don't match up.
    works fine for me

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by stargateuser View Post
    Skew needs to be set for best SNR or lowest error rate.
    Is that what you did?
    (Or you can just set it to the angle that satellite aiming software tells you is correct for your location)
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 06-05-21 at 18:37.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123