Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unicable 2 LNB for Sky mini dish ok?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Unicable 1 LNB are usually sold with 4 SCR channels although technically cable of more.
    Unicable 2/Jess LNBs are usually sold in 24/32 SCR channels although technically cable of more.

IMO, waste of money getting Unicable 1 LNB.
    Thanks Abu.
    So if manage to get the right adapter and a Unicable 2 lnb. Is it a simple case of running the cable from the LNB straight into my fbc tuner.
    If I domt bother with a splitter, how many channels would it allow me to record?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    OK question is how do I know if I got an mk1/2/3 or mk4 dish?
    I think that is a Mk 2/3 dish. But looks like you had an improvisation done on the holder. It is a Mk 4 LNB holder
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post510137
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 21-02-21 at 23:50. Reason: It is a Mk 4 LNB holder

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu.
    So if manage to get the right adapter and a Unicable 2 lnb. Is it a simple case of running the cable from the LNB straight into my fbc tuner.
    If I domt bother with a splitter, how many channels would it allow me to record?
    I already answered that question in your other thread. All 8 demodulators/tuners can be set. So you will be able to record almost anything you want on 28.2.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I already answered that question in your other thread. All 8 demodulators/tuners can be set. So you will be able to record almost anything you want on 28.2.
    Oh right OK
    Well I'm glad I can use my current dish. Only issue is the adapter I need is out if stock and i can't find it anywhere else. Also would the satellite cable plug into the top or bottom tuner or it does not matter?
    So it should be a simple case of installing the dish and running one of my two existing cables.

Now to find the right Unicable 2 lnb. Anyone know any good ones where I don't have to use a splitter
    Last edited by joysleep1; 22-02-21 at 00:00.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think that is a Mk 2/3 dish. But looks like you had an improvisation done on the holder. It is a Mk 4 LNB holder
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post510137
    I will try take some more close up pictures and hopefully with everyone expertise they can confirm which dish it is.
    I don't know if this helps but my current values on my satellite tuner was around 100 percent snr and 71 percent acg
    The values were the same with that dish I had previously so the new sky dish they installed has not affected my signal levels.

Title
    Thanks
    Top hole is Tuner A, bottom hole is tuner B. It does not matter which one you sue, just make sure you tell the receiver the one you are using. For sake of ease, use tuner A. You don't have to use a splitter with any unicable device if you only have one tuner unit/card.

This is the cheapest one the forum sponsor sells. It also has a legacy port (ignore that for now)
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...unicable%20lnb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Top hole is Tuner A, bottom hole is tuner B. It does not matter which one you sue, just make sure you tell the receiver the one you are using. For sake of ease, use tuner A. You don't have to use a splitter with any unicable device if you only have one tuner unit/card.

This is the cheapest one the forum sponsor sells. It also has a legacy port (ignore that for now)
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...unicable%20lnb
    Thanks Abu

There are no reviews on that one.
    I'm thinking this one looks OK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maclean-MCT...938360&sr=8-19

Anyone have this one. One of the reviews said used with duo 4k so that's promising.
    Let me know what you think.

Title
    Thanks
    Either will work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Either will work.
    So for arguments sake if I were to buy one with the legacy port, would there be any benefit connecting my second satellite dish from legacy into tuner b?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

So i have posted more close up photos of my dish and whatever adapter i currently have. Is there anyway of knowing before hand that my adapter will fit this LNB i will buy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maclean-MCT...938360&sr=8-19

Hopefully from ther pictures, you guys can tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys

Looking at photos online I think I have an mk4 adapter because I see a spirit level. Would this then suggest that the current adapter will fit most or if not all unicable lnb as they are all 40mm?

Unless I'm totally getting confused here?

Title
    Thanks
    Your dish will work. Your dish is a Mk 2 dish as far as I can tell.

Current adapter will not work because it is for 38mm LNBs. You will need to find an adapter that slots into the hole of the arm of that dish. But it must be for 40mm LNBs, not 38mm MK 4 Sky LNBs.

Or if you want to do the same thing as what you had done on that dish (use a bolt to hold it in place, this should do.
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKY-DISH-MK4-HOLDER-ADAPTER/dp/B00FX7QAPE/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=lnb+holder&qid=1613997232&sr=8-17
    I don't like them because the hook/pivots tend to break.

Might be better to buy a 60cm dish and also the bracket to fit dish onto the wall. You can get some dishes for 22.95 delivered. Double check with seller it has a 40mm collar.

Title
    Thanks
    So for arguments sake if I were to buy one with the legacy port, would there be any benefit connecting my second satellite dish from legacy into tuner b?
    I take it you mean LNB, not dish. If so, yes you could do that. The benefit would be the blackout during ABM would not be experienced***. Tuner configuration must match how you set things up. The tuner with the wire from legacy/ordinary/normal LNB port should be set as simple, single 28.2. Setting it as unicable will ignore the cable.

*** The workaround for ABM/CrossEPG and Unicable users with only one signal wire is to set preferred tuner as something other than the root tuner.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Your dish will work. Your dish is a Mk 2 dish as far as I can tell.

Current adapter will not work because it is for 38mm LNBs. You will need to find an adapter that slots into the hole of the arm of that dish. But it must be for 40mm LNBs, not 38mm MK 4 Sky LNBs.

Or if you want to do the same thing as what you had done on that dish (use a bolt to hold it in place, this should do.
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKY-DISH-MK4-HOLDER-ADAPTER/dp/B00FX7QAPE/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=lnb+holder&qid=1613997232&sr=8-17
    I don't like them because the hook/pivots tend to break.

Might be better to buy a 60cm dish and also the bracket to fit dish onto the wall. You can get some dishes for 22.95 delivered. Double check with seller it has a 40mm collar.
    Thanks Abu

I am going to measure the diameter of my current LNB and see what is saying. If its 38mm i will order the one you posted. I really hope this would work when my person installs it.

Does anyone have any good contacts for a dish installation around South West London?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I take it you mean LNB, not dish. If so, yes you could do that. The benefit would be the blackout during ABM would not be experienced***. Tuner configuration must match how you set things up. The tuner with the wire from legacy/ordinary/normal LNB port should be set as simple, single 28.2. Setting it as unicable will ignore the cable.

*** The workaround for ABM/CrossEPG and Unicable users with only one signal wire is to set preferred tuner as something other than the root tuner.
    Ok thats interesting. I will have a spare port on my current sky dish so if i go ahead and do this then i would use the 2nd cable to tuner B in legacy mode.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast