Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GB Quad+ Timeshift crash

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I'll do that later or tomorrow morning. Can't do it now - she who must be obeyed is watching tv.

Do any of you have a GB Quad HD+ and if so is it problem free and what image? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @stargateuser - sorry for not jumping into the thread earlier. I hadn't been paying too close attention to it as the thread title doesn't actually indicate your specific issue and was started some years ago, so maybe your problem would have received more close attention if you had started a new thread with a more relevant title

Anyway, I use the Quad+ as my main machine and I don't experience any of the issues you are seeing. I have timeshift set to start automatically after 10 seconds and can jump backwards and forwards in the buffer without stuttering or blocking. I would say that perhaps you have a hardware issue (bad blocks or similar) with the disk drive? I'm on ViX 5.2.034 with a drivers date of 2018-04-03. The only problem I have with timeshift is when the timeshift buffer spans several programmes and I use the left and right arrows at the bottom of the remote to jump to the start of the previous programme. Sometimes it takes several attempts to get back to it, more often it will only jump to the start of the current programme and I have to go into the recording menu and select to timeshift record. That issue I think is down to drivers and I doubt if GB are going to release more updates as the box is several years old.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

stargateuser (01-04-19),twol (01-04-19),Willo3092 (01-04-19)

Title
    Thanks
    @fat-tony, thanks for the reply, I know it was an old post and next time if I get any issues I'll start a new one, so thanks for taking the time to reply.

I once had a DM8000 that was a total PITA and I eventually sold it as spares and repairs, I bought another and it was and still is perfect. No problems ever. So I do know that there are Friday afternoon / Monday morning builds and components, but for whatever reason when I changed to the 5.x OpenVix's this problem happened. I tried all the openvix 5.0 - 5.2, openatv, satdreamgr 6, Teamblue 6.3. All had lovely gui's but they all had the same problems as stated.

I might install the same build you have again and see how that goes but as of now I'm watching a recording done with Teamblue 6.3 and it is playing back smoothly, timeshift is enabled to start after 5 seconds and no problems. I have now installed OpenVix 4.2.030, drivers 20170118 and kernel 4.01. I know my hdd is ok.

It is weird, I'm glad that I saved a lot of the archive builds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123