Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hybrid Tuners

Title
    Thanks

Hybrid Tuners

Hello all.
    I currently have the gigablue hd quad+, it was supplied with 2 Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuners from WOS, are these the only tuners available for DVB-C/T/T2 as the connection is poor..is there a better quality DVB-C/T/T2 tuner available..?

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonmuk View Post
    Hello all.
    I currently have the gigablue hd quad+, it was supplied with 2 Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuners from WOS, are these the only tuners available for DVB-C/T/T2 as the connection is poor..is there a better quality DVB-C/T/T2 tuner available..?

Thanks
    Do you mean physical connection or signal level/sensitivity?

If physical then you may/will find all the tuner modules use the same type of connection. The mating half of these connectors come in good, adequate and poor. Often you can make a better connection if you squeeze the connector on the end of the lead to make it very slightly oval. Alternatively fit F connectors to the cable and use a f to coax adapter. These tend to thicker walls and fit tighter into the mating half.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...socket-adapter
    Also available on Ebay in both male and female.

F plugs
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...type-connector
    Smaller quantities available on Ebay

Fitting F plugs
    Code:
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm
    If it is a signal level problem then maybe a better splitter/distribution arrangement may solve your problem. Are you receiving your signals via an aerial or do you you have a cable TV supplier? How are the two tuners connected up?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    The problem i am having is that it is so easy to cause pixelation by just touching or knocking the cable at the rear, the connections seem really loose, i have pinched the connectors and even put a slither of paper in to tighten the fit, there is plenty of cable showing from the cable itself into the coax connectors themselves..this is on my cable feed. Yet i have the total oppsite for my satelitte feed which is an f plug connection which never causes me any problems...
    In an ideal world you would think that the cable tuners would come with f plug connectors...

I receive my signals via cable, i have the main feed into one tuner and then the other tuner is linked via output from the 1st tuner

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonmuk View Post
    The problem i am having is that it is so easy to cause pixelation by just touching or knocking the cable at the rear, the connections seem really loose, i have pinched the connectors and even put a slither of paper in to tighten the fit,
    Late reply as i have not been reading these forums for a week...

The connector shouldn't be that loose.

Have you fitted coax plugs yourself and if so did you solder the centre connector?
    Code:
    http://www.megalithia.com/elect/bellinglee/
    Have you tried a f plug to coax adapter? These tend to be a lot more substantial and are often a better fit.

there is plenty of cable showing from the cable itself into the coax connectors themselves
    I'm not what this means but you should not be seeing any bare copper showing.

In an ideal world you would think that the cable tuners would come with f plug connectors...
    You have a hybrid tuner that can also be used to receive signals from an aerial and terrestrial traditionally uses a belling lee type connector. Millions of TVs in the UK have this type of connections and it must be relatively reliable or else the manufactures would have an unacceptable number of returns.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (25-08-17),Jasonmuk (03-01-17)