Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edison OS Mini plus wifi issues

Title
    Thanks

Edison OS Mini plus wifi issues

hi,
    I have took delivery of the above receiver today however i cannot get the box to connect to the internal wifi its flashed with the latest vix software. I have set the box up with channels etc however it will not connect to wifi despite trying all settings checking password & rebooting as mentioned in other posts its not a wifi signal issue as i've checked this has anyone got any tips i could try.

Thanks in advance
    AB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    youtube - os mini wifi setup, theres a video on there
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

arrodball (22-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi John

I have looked at the videos and i have set Wifi up before on various boxes. The Issue i have is that when i'm in the menus to set up the wifi shows up with a good strong signal which is great, but when I go through the options at the connecting stage says its connected but wont then goes back to the set up page. If the box wont connect to wifi then its no good to me as its only for the spare room with no wired access. I have also tried two different wifi dongles and they too show up in the menu but fail to connect. I'm wondering if its an image issue that was flashed on the 9th December according to the image details.

I have done a search online and i cant see any reports of this type of issue since the image was updated when there was a problem previously.

I hope that makes sense If i cant get it to work ill have to send the box back and look at other options

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arrodball For This Useful Post:

Spanner04 (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    mine took sometime to setup. i put this in the bedroom on wifi (i live in a house with solid walls) showed near full signal strength, but kept dropping out. had to revert to homeplugs, which work a treat. can you test in another room, closer to the router.

once you connect you need to restart the box for it to lock on.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

arrodball (22-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks I did try to set it up right next to the router as i thought the same thing and still nothing. I don't think its a signal issue. I have set various boxes up over wifi in the past so i'm familiar with different types of encryption's.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arrodball View Post
    Thanks I did try to set it up right next to the router as i thought the same thing and still nothing. I don't think its a signal issue. I have set various boxes up over wifi in the past so i'm familiar with different types of encryption's.
    have you tried to setup again and then restart box? the other option maybe homeplugs, which in my opinion is far better

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried to set it up a few times and done the restart that was suggested in a previous thread some time ago.

Im just onto WOS support and they have suggested that i re-flash the image failing that buy some home plugs ?. Frustrating as i was running a cloud i box 2 previously over wifi without any issues and the reason i bought the Edision was for the built in wifi. If it does not work after re-flashing it will have to go back and i will look for something else that suits my needs but i would rather get what i have working if i can

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's definitely one of your settings that is not quite right.
    Double check your all your settings including your subnet,gateway,dns, encryption settings( Wpa,wpa2) encryption key is correct.
    Have you tried setting a static IP address of your own ?
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ashley
    Thanks for the advice ill have another go with it tonight I suspect your right. I think ill reboot the router again to see if that helps, the weird thing is that it picks up the wifi signal it says its connected then when you go to check the connection its not working. If anyone has any further help please feel free to add your views.

Thanks to all so far

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What does "Network test" come up with when you select the wifi/wlan interface?

Title
    Thanks
    from memory there all green expect for two items It wont pick up the local network or the IP address but that's from memory i will double check tonight when i get in if that's OK

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it took me 3 times to get it up and running. even when it worked it was poor reception, hence I turned to home plugs.

its defo your settings. I would reflash and setup from new. once it connects, restart the box

16. The Following User Says Thank You to john doe For This Useful Post:

arrodball (22-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm going to try again tonight thanks for all your help & Ill let you all know how i get on. I'll be miffed if it wont work over wifi though, I think your right, its probably a settings issue that i will need to work through at my end. I have a good idea on how these things work so if it is an IT issue at my end i will know how to solve it. The frustrating thing from my point of view is that all my other boxes even the cheaper ones are easy to set up with Wifi and work in the same room as i want to put this box into.

Lets see what tonight brings hopefully a new day & fresh eyes will identify the problem

Title
    Thanks
    Well flashed the openATV image and hay presto, bang straight on to wifi no problem. Put the open vix image back on the box(latest version) and it wont even pick up a wifi signal it says no internet connection. looks like i'll i now have to move away from Open vix.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to arrodball For This Useful Post:

Spanner04 (22-12-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i presume you rechecked with the wizard you had setup wifi and it was checking itself to say connected or not?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

arrodball (22-12-16)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast