Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ET9000 will not start up or flash from USB

Title
    Thanks

ET9000 will not start up or flash from USB

Hi Guys,

My ET9000 has been working fine but I have not used it for a few months although it has always been plugged in. I noticed the other day that the box had frozen on an OpenVIX splash screen. Nothing on the remote would restore it to the tv channels. I tuned the box off at the power switch and left it off overnight but the only thing that happened when I powered it up again was that the bluelight flashed a few times and the hard drive started up. I have tried to reflash but the unit is not picking up the USB stick (no message in the display at all). I also notice that my image files do not have a 'boot' file but a 'splash' file, is this ok? Am I doing the right thing in trying to reflash or is there another way the box can be started?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    my 2 dead ones are like this just a blue flickering light its possibly a dead psu or the security board is fooked
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Hmmm....

I decided to remove the box cover to see if there was anything loose and after blowing some of the dust away I twisted the backup battery round a few times and after that the box started up. Is it possible that a poor battery connection could stopthe box from starting up? Would seem a pretty fragilie design if it did!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are you sure the battery isn't going flat?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    ET9000 will not start up or flash from USB

Title
    Thanks
    Search this forum for for 'ET9000 capacitor'. Read 1st hit with about 35 posts, then look for post about #20