Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreambox DM900

Title
    Thanks

Dreambox DM900

Will there be any vix image for the Dreambox DM900 4k at some point ? / sorry if this posted in the wrong section

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxbox360 View Post
    Will there be any vix image for the Dreambox DM900 4k at some point ? / sorry if this posted in the wrong section
    Don't worry I've answered my own question...it don't look like its an e2 receiver anyway so rules it out

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Don't worry I've answered my own question...it don't look like its an e2 receiver anyway so rules it out
    Would not matter if it were a E2 box, Dream Multimedia have zero interest in working with ViX officially or otherwise. They were approached a couple of years ago and basically told us to piss off.

There was also a brief series of DMM images built in the ViX 2.2 series images but no one had any DMM hardware to test with and they eventually were deleted along with the build server for that entire build when it was eventually retired.

That said you should be able to build your own with the current make file but any issues you ran into would have to be sorted else where as i very much doubt they would help you here.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    its a pity as I've always liked dream boxes as my 1st box was dm500 original, I'm now looking at the vu uno 4k

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    its a pity as I've always liked dream boxes as my 1st box was dm500 original, I'm now looking at the vu uno 4k
    I still have a genuine DM7020 and a DM600 my self although I'm thinking of throwing them in a skip with the rest of my old kit.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    That's from before the time DM became a Chinese company.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

mianabid
    Believe me dreambox receivers are better in all terms vu+ was good in start but they lost reputation, they don't have any official forum and support portal like dreambox, their support is excellent not like vuplus

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    DM fanboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

mianabid
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    DM fanboy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm and retailer and believe me vu plus is anonymous company who don't have any contact details, no portal, nothing, no official existence if you face any problems

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mianabid View Post
    I'm and retailer and believe me vu plus is anonymous company who don't have any contact details, no portal, nothing, no official existence if you face any problems

I Agree with mianabid. I had problem with my duo 2 under warranty. Nether VU nor their reputable seller didn't bother to replies to any email. No more VU products now.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So your first post is to revive a thread that’s 12 months old and you start to diss VU+.
    Shall we take any notice. mmmmm let me see
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    So your first post is to revive a thread that’s 12 months old and you start to diss VU+.
    Shall we take any notice. mmmmm let me see
    Mianabid's issue is the scanning problem. He has been banned on two forums because he keeps being negative. To give him credit, he has contacted the tuner chip manufacturer, they have provided a fix. Vu still ignore it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Haven’t got a problem with the mianabids post if the scanning problem was his issue. It’s not the first time we have read of people having communication issues with VU+ when problems arise.
    I just thought sbawli first post of dissing VU+ was lacking in detail.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    I was all set to by the dmm box but lack of vix image & poss lack of driver support i ended up buying a mutant hd51 & im very happy with it, ref the vu boxes i had a vu solo 2 until recently & i never had any issues in the 3 years i owned it.

Title
    Thanks
    I make alive again this old post, no replies from December 2017. So, I have 2 Vu+ (1 Duo2 and 1 Duo4K) and no problem with both. Very happy. But I have a DM920 too, so I'm going back on topic and repeating the initial question: any Vix image for Dreambox is planned now? Four years are gone from 2016, so what is actual situation with Dream Multimedia? Someone from the team please? I'm using Vix image 5.3 in my Duo4K from just some days, and I think it is a FANTASTIC IMAGE! During 7 years of Vu+ boxes usage, never found another image like this. So, it would be great if the same image would be available for Dreambox receivers, too. Hope this will happen in the future. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast