Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I full scan all terestrial channels including scrambled

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @alien1x - you are not attaching the saved images of your screens to your forum posts properly. You need to save them on your PC and then upload them (use the go advanced function and pick up the jpg and attach it). What you're posting are links to your internal network which won't work.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    @alien1x - you are not attaching the saved images of your screens to your forum posts properly. You need to save them on your PC and then upload them (use the go advanced function and pick up the jpg and attach it). What you're posting are links to your internal network which won't work.
    I have re attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1X For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (03-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    That looks ok as regards tuner settings but you don't need to use the advanced version - there is a simple setting with a motor also, but whatever works for you.
    Just a quick question as regards your motorised satellite dish. Have you used it before with a different receiver? What satellite positions do you receive? If the motor is correctly set up and has been working in the past, then a scan of any or all transponders on 28.2 should cause the motor to move the dish and pull in some channels.

I don't want to butt in on abu's support procedure and he will give you ideal settings for getting a good mix of terrestrial and satellite channels (the bouquets). I will be away from the PC myself for some hours as I have some domestic jobs that need to be completed!
    Last edited by Joe_90; 03-12-16 at 14:11.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    1_0_1_1044_1044_233A_EEEE0000_0_0_0.jpg
    That looks ok as regards tuner settings but you don't need to use the advanced version - there is a simple setting with a motor also, but whatever works for you.
    Just a quick question as regards your motorised satellite dish. Have you used it before with a different receiver? What satellite positions do you receive? If the motor is correctly set up and has been working in the past, then a scan of any or all transponders on 28.2 should cause the motor to move the dish and pull in some channels.

I don't want to butt in on abu's support procedure and he will give you ideal settings for getting a good mix of terrestrial and satellite channels (the bouquets). I will be away from the PC myself for some hours as I have some domestic jobs that need to be completed!
    I can click on the simple mode too but it only has save options and no scan option or type of scan.
    I have used the motor before and its set up for 28e, 19e 13e 0.8w and 30w with my old tn6800 receiver which is still at hand. As said, I'm I'm changing over to Linux with this new system i have now.

I can scan saterlites but not a full scan on 13,19,28e, 0.8w ans 30w as it missis out all the sky channels, eden including sky on19e, sports on 0.8w. It may something to do with limits settings ?

I have also attached my positioner settings, not sure what to so with that?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    We don't even know if his motor tracks the arc properly. If it does not, no point scanning. This is why I uploaded Vhannibal's lamedb file for him. (Now removed, he can get himself)

The chap stated his tuner configuration was simple, picture shows advanced. His latest picture shows him trying to set t up on non-usals motor control. Hopefully someone can assist him. I'm off to work.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    We don't even know if his motor tracks the arc properly. If it does not, no point scanning. This is why I uploaded Vhannibal's lamedb file for him. (Now removed, he can get himself)

The chap stated his tuner configuration was simple, picture shows advanced. His latest picture shows him trying to set t up on non-usals motor control. Hopefully someone can assist him. I'm off to work.
    It tracks the arch on my old reciever but due to location and local site obstructions I can only pick up 13,19,28e and 0.8w and 30w which is good enough for me. I'm trying to scan in the same on my new Linux plug in tuner from WOSby trying to use USALS.

I will Use old receiver to move to the dish 0.8w as my ref point for usals and start the set up again on the new Linux system again using the simple method as stated.
    but I need to know once I have configured that option, what type of scan do I go or - manual, auto etc?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    in manual scan menu, there is option to scan multiple satellites.

you must highlight the correct tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    in manual scan menu, there is option to scan multiple satellites.

you must highlight the correct tuner.
    I will try that and see how I get on.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1X View Post
    You've managed to post links, not an image of your set-up.

Open a Web-browser window to http://192.168.1.5/ and click on Screenshot on the left-hand side.
    With your remote get the box to show what you want to be seen.
    Take a snapshot in the browser (there is a menu-only option).
    Upload (paper-clip at top of Go Advanced mode on the forum post) the resulting image.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post

Open a Web-browser window to http://192.168.1.5/ and click on Screenshot on the left-hand side.
    Upload (paper-clip at top of Go Advanced mode on the forum post) the resulting image.
    see post 32 and 34 if that helps?
    I'm starting the set up again as mentioned above in post 36 and 37 ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1X For This Useful Post:

judge (03-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post

He's sort of fixed that in later post.

@alien1x - there is no scan option in the actual tuner setup. That's just for setting the motor and LNB etc. When you save the settings you can go into the Service Searching menu and there you can select which satellite you want and the type of scan. The linux receivers do work quite differently from the older "closed source" receivers. Took me a while to come to grips with the way of doing things!

I'm going to assume your motor is working and is tracking from what you've posted earlier. Just use the "manual scan" in the Service Searching menu and you will see the options to scan whole satellite or just a particular transponder. Start with 19.2 as it's got mostly German channels and will be easy to distinguish from your terrestrial channels. Afterwards, you can play with the other options in the menu including AutoBouquetsMaker to make channel lists and CrossEPG to pull in EPG data from satellite. Back to my painting...

EDIT - how big is your dish? You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 03-12-16 at 16:13.

Title
    Thanks
    screenshot 1.jpgscreenshot 10.jpgscreenshot 9.jpgscreenshot 8.jpgscreenshot 7.jpgscreenshot 6.jpgscreenshot 4.jpgscreenshot 3.jpgscreenshot 2.jpgscreenshot 11.jpgscreenshot 1.jpgscreenshot 10.jpgscreenshot 9.jpgscreenshot 8.jpgscreenshot 7.jpgscreenshot 6.jpgscreenshot 4.jpgscreenshot 3.jpgscreenshot 2.jpgscreenshot 11.jpg
    He's sort of fixed that in later post.

@alien1x - there is no scan option in the actual tuner setup. That's just for setting the motor and LNB etc. When you save the settings you can go into the Service Searching menu and there you can select which satellite you want and the type of scan. The linux receivers do work quite differently from the older "closed source" receivers. Took me a while to come to grips with the way of doing things!

I'm going to assume your motor is working and is tracking from what you've posted earlier. Just use the "manual scan" in the Service Searching menu and you will see the options to scan whole satellite or just a particular transponder. Start with 19.2 as it's got mostly German channels and will be easy to distinguish from your terrestrial channels. Afterwards, you can play with the other options in the menu including AutoBouquetsMaker to make channel lists and CrossEPG to pull in EPG data from satellite. Back to my painting...

EDIT - how big is your dish? You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.
    see all screen shots below, my dish is 90cm.

scan worked this time, but still few channels missing I guess I will have to manually scan these in with out overriding or deleting anything?

I need to find a way of accessing finding the scanned channels quicker as the list is so long. Surely there must be a menui system where I can select the saterlite then select the channel I wany ton see form a alphabetical menu /list?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    You must have a good view to the south if you can track from 28E to 30W.
    I can track 57E to 61W.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Yay - you're 90% there!

Now you need to do some homework . Open AutoBouquetsMaker and enable Freesat London (on 28.2) to start with. It will pull in all the Freesat services and organise them into categories - as many or as few as you like. This will give you a list organised the same as a Freesat receiver. You can do the same with SKY if you have a SKY card to view encrypted channels. I used to use my SKY card in my receiver, but I cancelled SKY about 6 months ago so now I just look at free to air stuff. I have pretty much zero interest in football or SKY movies. Start from there and you can add other providers as I think there are some for 19.2, 42.0, 23.5 etc. I just use the alphabetical lists from the satellite scans if I need to view something. What abu was trying to get you to install earlier was a set of channel bouquets for different satellites which would mean you don't have to scan manually. You can do that and play around now that you've got the swing of things. I can't rate AutoBouquetsMaker highly enough, though, as it will manage any channel moves on SKY/Freesat/Freeview and you can do a lot of configuration to get a combination of terrestrial and satellite channels in a list the way you want it. Combine that with CrossEPG (it's on the EPG page) and you will have a nice programme guide. I presume you have a hard drive in the receiver? Store the EPG on it, or use a USB stick if you don't have a hard drive. Your journey starts here!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    I can track 57E to 61W.
    I have a horizon to the East at about 54E and I used to get 58W regularly, but there seems to be nothing there now?

I thought the OP might have been restricted to the west due to his geographic location, but he can obviously track the arc pretty well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast