Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Title
    Thanks
    I purchased my box from WOS, Ive contacted them about the issue and they have raised it with Technomate

Title
    Thanks
    I moved some recordings to my Nas too, and still have the same issue. Be interesting to see if they come back with any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    I have the exact same issue. Really annoying.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know if the drivers have been updated but there have been several openvix updates since this thread was started and it's still freezing up on me

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_ice View Post
    I don't know if the drivers have been updated but there have been several openvix updates since this thread was started and it's still freezing up on me
    Yes drivers have been updated.

Is this freezing on free to air satellite or free to air cable? Freezing on encrypted channels? If so what softcam care you using?

What exact image and build number are you using?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Yes drivers have been updated.

Is this freezing on free to air satellite or free to air cable? Freezing on encrypted channels? If so what softcam care you using?

What exact image and build number are you using?
    hi, its freezing up on fta hd recordings (channel 4 specifically, not recorded from any other channel), i'm using OpenViX 4.2.028. I don't have any softcams installed, nothing shows in the logs, it just freezes for a few seconds and then continues on playing like normal, if i rewind and playback the same spot it doesn't freeze. I've tried open atv and open pli, issue is present on both of them too. Tried two different hard drives, usb stick and also tried streaming from my pc.

Dan
    Last edited by danny_ice; 29-01-17 at 07:57.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_ice View Post
    hi, its freezing up on fta hd recordings (channel 4 specifically, not recorded from any other channel), i'm using OpenViX 4.2.028. I don't have any softcams installed, nothing shows in the logs, it just freezes for a few seconds and then continues on playing like normal, if i rewind and playback the same spot it doesn't freeze. I've tried open atv and open pli, issue is present on both of them too. Tried two different hard drives, usb stick and also tried streaming from my pc.

Dan
    Have you tried re-initialising your HDD? To confirm fta Channel 4 HD on satellite?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried re-initialising your HDD? To confirm fta Channel 4 HD on satellite?
    yeah tried that a few times, yeah channel 4 hd on satellite. another thing i tried was setting up NFS sharing and streaming recordings to my media pc. that works fine

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ok, I'll report this to Technomate and test myself.

To replicate, record Channel 4 HD and playback.

Are you recording a current series or something? If so which? I'd like to replicate exactly what you are doing.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, I'll report this to Technomate and test myself.

To replicate, record Channel 4 HD and playback.

Are you recording a current series or something? If so which? I'd like to replicate exactly what you are doing.
    Hollyoaks, half 6 on weekdays, I've got an autotimer setup if that makes a difference. I've recorded other things from other channels in the past with the same problem, I've never tried SD material, I don't know if that does the same or not

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Would be good if you reflashed the receiver with 4.2.028 & setup as new with no settings or plugin restores, so basically setting up as new. And I would initialise the HDD so everything is clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 29-01-17 at 14:19. Reason: Typo
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Would be good if you reflashed the receiver with 4.2.028 & setup as new with no settings or plugin restores, so basically setting up as new. And I would initialise the HDD so everything is clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can give it a try but I've done this several times with a few of the older versions and it's never helped

Title
    Thanks
    I've done a fresh install with .028 and then updated it to .029, it's all setup exactly the same as it was before but the freezes are very ocassional now, back when i first got the box running the older software it would freeze at least a couple of times per recording, so looks like the drivers have definitely been improved along the way, it's now a very minor annoyance that is easy to live with

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having precisely the same problem. Updated to .029 but no improvement. It give the impression of being an HD buffering issue since after the freeze, if I wind back to a position before the freeze, it plays perfectly over the point where it originally froze. And then after an indeterminate time it freezes again. When running the quality is superb! The recordings affected are all 1080p HD with full 5.1 audio. The internal HD fitted by WoS is a Hitachi HTS541010A9 which is 95% empty, if that's useful. Fingers crossed Technomate puzzle it out.

Title
    Thanks
    I take my previous comment back, watching a 20min show this morning and it froze 3 times

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast