Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Title
    Thanks
    This issue is still occurring on my box too. It is far far better than it was originally, I don't know if that was due to drivers being upgraded or the fact I amended my timeshift settings.
    I think I can go an entire evening without it freezing.

Just for info, the reason I adjusted my timeshift settings were I never had full confidence in it, and it didn't seem to work as smoothly as I would of liked or expected.
    So now, timeshift is pretty much off, until I hit the pause button on live TV, and it will only start recording from there.

Title
    Thanks
    There is a similar thread in Miraclebox section, the picture freezes when playing a recording and when it unfreezes the sound isn't there...
    Last edited by preetkk; 18-02-17 at 23:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you got any recommendations for an alternate media player, there isn't anything in the feeds and I've not come across anything before, the only thing I've seen is the odd box that can run kodi

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Ok, I'll report this to Technomate and test myself.

To replicate, record Channel 4 HD and playback.

Are you recording a current series or something? If so which? I'd like to replicate exactly what you are doing.
    This issue persists through the 5.0.xxx to the current 5.0.004 release.

I've been reading about the HDD space issue that is fixed with current release and was hoping the fix would also help this problem, it doesn't.

This morning I installed 5.0.004 re-initialised the HDD rebooted and recorded the Gadget Show on channel 5, now playing back and it's froze 5 times before I stopped playing it.

I see there's been no new drivers since 29-12-2016 and was wondering if you got any feedback from Technomate ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys I may have a "possible" solution.

I purchased a Nano SE M2 Plus (with optional Twin DVB-C tuner) on Saturday from Technomate, I also got an internal hdd / sata cable and fan from them.

I set the box up to my liking (and experience from setting up my previous Zgemma H2H barebones) but then found the glitching during recorded HD playback, I did not test with SD recordings. I decided to flash with OpenATV, set up the same, same problem. Off to try VIX then, same set up, same problem! Argg the Zgemma had no playback issues!
    I had only previous experience with cheap Openbox kind of receivers, and only the Zgemma 2S / H2H which run Open*** firmware.

I live local to Technomate so decided I would return the box, replicate the problem to them, then exchange it and pay the extra for Twin 4K Triple Edition as the spec of this is much higher.

So I reflash the box with VIX, don't install any plugins (other than tempfancontrol for the fan) or change any settings, recordings are still in place on internal hdd so I start playback of one that I know has glitched before. Wait, wait, wait, no glitching! What the hell???
    I had only previously installed flashexpander (but did not set it up, just installed the plugin, have just researched and decided I won't be using it anyway) and cacheflush which I thought was a must from setting up my Zgemma's in the past.
    I continued to set the box up to my liking and changed the skin, set up satellite and both cable tuners, still no problem all working fine now!

Flashexpander wasn't setup so I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with that, so it must have been down to cacheflush. I have since done some research and learnt cacheflush is not needed, it is only really needed if there is a memory leak or something, and using it when you don't need to can do more harm than good. It sure helped with the Zgemma but it seems this is what was causing my problem of glitching/freezing during playback of HD recordings.

Now I don't know if anyone has been as silly as me installing cacheflush, but if you are experiencing this problem and have cacheflush installed then disable it and remove the plugin and you should be sorted.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digi1 For This Useful Post:

jigger121 (13-06-17),Mucus (04-05-17)

Title
    Thanks
    i also have same issues as previous posts but also have the very annoying black screen when a fast forward even at 16x but i did not get this with my very old Xtrend 9200

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123