Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Title
    Thanks

TM NANO SE M2+ playback freeze

Hi All

System: Nano se m2 plus with twin DVB-S2 tuners.
    HDD: WD Black 1TB Mobile

As far as I can tell, this appears to only affect HD recordings, but every once in a while (say 3-5 times during 60 minutes) a recorded TV show will freeze for approx. 10 seconds before carrying on like nothing ever happened. I tailed the standard enigma log file in /home/root and absolutely nothing is logged when it freezes. If I move the file over to a USB key, I still get the same freezes. They do not occur at the same time in the shows either, for instance if I rewind a bit after a freeze, the same part that froze before will play happily.

Live streams do not stutter in this way at all, only when they are played back as a recording.

It would appear that I can stream the recordings to my Kodi PVR client without any freezes so far, though have not been able to any do particularly thorough testing as of yet. This is my current workaround.

I get the same issue on OpenVIX, OpenATV and OpenPLI.

Anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by nirvy; 30-11-16 at 20:30.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the exact same problem with a Nano SE Plus, I have tried usb sticks, different hard drives and all different firmwares, I can only think it is a driver issue, would love to find a fix

Title
    Thanks
    Oh and I also have no problems if I stream it kodi on my media pc

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvy View Post
    Hi All

System: Nano se m2 plus with twin DVB-S2 tuners.
    HDD: WD Black 1TB Mobile

As far as I can tell, this appears to only affect HD recordings, but every once in a while (say 3-5 times during 60 minutes) a recorded TV show will freeze for approx. 10 seconds before carrying on like nothing ever happened. I tailed the standard enigma log file in /home/root and absolutely nothing is logged when it freezes. If I move the file over to a USB key, I still get the same freezes. They do not occur at the same time in the shows either, for instance if I rewind a bit after a freeze, the same part that froze before will play happily.

Live streams do not stutter in this way at all, only when they are played back as a recording.

It would appear that I can stream the recordings to my Kodi PVR client without any freezes so far, though have not been able to any do particularly thorough testing as of yet. This is my current workaround.

I get the same issue on OpenVIX, OpenATV and OpenPLI.

Anyone have any advice?
    1/ Is the HDD internal or an external one?

2/ Have you initialised via Storage Devices and formatted the HDD to Ext4 and Mounted correctly via Mount Manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Same for me on TM-2T. It's like someone has pressed pause. The time counter doesn't move whilst it's frozen. I press fast forward then play it resumes.
    It's been happening for awhile though it's not a recent thing, I just put up with it, but it can be annoying at times.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    1/ Is the HDD internal or an external one?

2/ Have you initialised via Storage Devices and formatted the HDD to Ext4 and Mounted correctly via Mount Manager?

My internal drive is mounted as /media/hdd ext4 R/W, is this correct?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_ice View Post
    My internal drive is mounted as /media/hdd ext4 R/W, is this correct?
    Yeah that looks fine.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm suffering with the same issue on my Nano SE M2 Plus with twin DVB-S2 tuners.

I was thinking of perhaps swapping my internal HDD, as it currently had a 750Gb 5400rpm inside, but I also have a 350Gb 7200rpm spare and to hand, so was perhaps thinking the speed of the drive could be the issue? Mostly recording and playing back FTA HD content.

Don't know if anyone has any thoughts on that, other than, stop being lazy, change it and let us know

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, it's internal. Brand new, it went straight into the nano and initialised via the menus.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucus View Post
    I'm suffering with the same issue on my Nano SE M2 Plus with twin DVB-S2 tuners.

I was thinking of perhaps swapping my internal HDD, as it currently had a 750Gb 5400rpm inside, but I also have a 350Gb 7200rpm spare and to hand, so was perhaps thinking the speed of the drive could be the issue? Mostly recording and playing back FTA HD content.

Don't know if anyone has any thoughts on that, other than, stop being lazy, change it and let us know
    I splashed out on a high perf drive, so can confirm that 7200 rpm drives appear to be affected too.. might still be worth a go though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nirvy For This Useful Post:

Mucus (01-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvy View Post
    I splashed out on a high perf drive, so can confirm that 7200 rpm drives appear to be affected too.. might still be worth a go though!
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Hmm, like you say may still be worth giving it a go, slightly less enthusiastic now though lol. May help having less capacity? But I'm probably talking rubbish and clutching at straws

Title
    Thanks
    Same issue here. I send my movie files to an external after recording to the new 1tb internal and they play fine via the USB external.

Strange issue
    Better Born Lucky Than Rich

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc-Red View Post
    Same issue here. I send my movie files to an external after recording to the new 1tb internal and they play fine via the USB external.

Strange issue
    I have a NAS Share mounted, so I may try moving a recording to that and seeing how it plays back, good call Possibly narrowing the issue down.

Title
    Thanks
    I've got a NAS drive too, I'll try playing a recording from that

Title
    Thanks
    Tried playing from my NAS drive and it still freezes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast