Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nano2super issues

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
    I have two boxes with issues out of many bought from WOS. Ive had one successful technomate repair done through WOS before, it did resolve my issue with the twin OE but had to pay postage on sending it in for repair which i felt was unfair considering the fault was not mine and box was under warranty.

Xtrend et8000 has a similar problem which i know is HDD related because it runs fine with no HDD inserted. Just freezes daily, no crash log, just freezes having to power off/on. Sometimes freezes with audio still working but no function from remote having to power off/on. This box is under warranty but I can see this being a massive issue sending it back and difficult to diagnose, i feel i will just end up more out of pocket.

To be fair the nano 2 super was bought second hand and is not down to WOS to help me, the HDD is the issue here, it disappears from mount manager, goes into a crash loop, runs fine with no HDD installed...
    If you're having problems with multiple boxes & manufacturers, I'd suggest looking at your set-up.
    Sounding like you're shorting the boxes, start by redoing all your f-plugs at both ends & checking for rain damage.

Title
    Thanks
    No judge. Your nano 2 super is 100%. This one I bought off eBay which I regret, its running fine without hard drive so maybe try technomate for a new cable or even see if I can run it with an external drive.

I'm not having trouble with multiple boxes, only 2.

I will open a support ticket for the xtrend, as said the technomate is my issue.

How likely is it technomate will have a replacement sata power cable considering this box is now discontinued

Title
    Thanks
    Good to see you're now stable.

FYI - I had the same problem and it turned out to be the skin that I had installed. I guess using some plugins may also cause the issue but in my experience they tend to be stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12