Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New receiver - CABLE - what to buy?

Title
    Thanks

New receiver - CABLE - what to buy?

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a new box. The one I have is old and unsupported. I only bought it to test out getting it all up and running successfully which worked, so now I'm comfortable with spending a bit more money on it!
    I only have a cable feed coming in to the house, no satellite.
    I would ideally like to be able to record one program (maybe two if possible?) and watch another.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Title
    Thanks
    you can't go wrong with the edision dvb-c box for £80 & i should know i use 2x myself & I've supplied them to my customers without any issues

Title
    Thanks
    for multi recording check out :
    1. Xtrend 8500 (a few bugs need ironing out but stick to version vix 4.1.16) but excellent receiver , people will either love or hate the look from £178
    2. Mutant HD51 4K box - relatively new but plenty of support from £199, fast boot-up
    3. Miraclebox Twin premium+ from £220 - excellent box , quality build

Out of the three I would go for option 3 purely because of great build and durability. All three support internal hard drives.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny101 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a new box. The one I have is old and unsupported. I only bought it to test out getting it all up and running successfully which worked, so now I'm comfortable with spending a bit more money on it!
    I only have a cable feed coming in to the house, no satellite.
    I would ideally like to be able to record one program (maybe two if possible?) and watch another.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
    Hi Jonny101,there on market they are lots of boxi's this days ,you how much money you want to spend for the cable box ,

regards Nick

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fevgatos View Post
    Hi Jonny101,there on market they are lots of boxi's this days ,you how much money you want to spend for the cable box ,

regards Nick
    Hi fevgatos,

I'm willing to spend up to £250 as long as the box I get is capable of recording one channel whilst watching another.

Cheers
    Jonny

Title
    Thanks
    Also, any guide's on setting it up for multiple tuners would be great. Cheers