Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: got an xtrend 10000hd but remote does diddly squat so have to use webif- help??

Title
    Thanks

got an xtrend 10000hd but remote does diddly squat so have to use webif- help??

Hi

helping a friend with an xtrend 1000hd, got secondhand but remote does diddly squat, changed batteries etc, buttons on box front do diddly squat, so to access remote I have to use webif but this is not feasible for a non techie. Its got 4.1.016 on it and at the moment its got astra 28east.

Is this now a dud as I have looked at various settings and I cant see anywhere to activate remote. I dont know vix so may be missing the obivious!!

Help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    Hi

helping a friend with an xtrend 1000hd, got secondhand but remote does diddly squat, changed batteries etc, buttons on box front do diddly squat, so to access remote I have to use webif but this is not feasible for a non techie. Its got 4.1.016 on it and at the moment its got astra 28east.

Is this now a dud as I have looked at various settings and I cant see anywhere to activate remote. I dont know vix so may be missing the obivious!!

Help.
    Assuming an Xtrend ET10000 and an original remote
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-9500-ET-10000

Menu -> setup -> system -> Input devices -> Configure remote control type -> Remote control type = default

Also point the remote at a phone camera. The main camera on some phones may/will have a IR filter so you may not see anything but often second camera on the screen side will not have a filter and you should the IR LEDs on the remote flashing when you press the remote buttons. Check also that the seller hasn't replaced the protective plastic film on the box's front panel
    Last edited by adm; 20-11-16 at 10:05.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (21-11-16),bmitie (20-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to post on this thread but it seems to disappear. I have solved problem but this is a dummy run.

Title
    Thanks
    Just to say the problem was within the box a cable had become loose and once re-fitted everything worked as normal.