Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Fixed dish and motorised dish together through diseqc to one stb

Title
    Thanks

Cool Fixed dish and motorised dish together through diseqc to one stb

I have a dish pointed at 28E and another dish pointed at 13E. I want to put a motor on the dish at 13E and keep Astra 2 dish fixed. I want to connect these two dishes through the switch to the stb. I have old vu+ duo with two tuners. The question here is my motorised lnb is twin, so I want to watch one channel and record another within one satellite. But how can I connect twin lnb using the diagram explained in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...sh-to-one-coax? I would like one cable to go through the motor to stb and the second straight to the switch... is it possible that way? Or maybe the other way.. the one that is not going through motor goes straight to the stb and the one that is going through motor is connected to output on the switch... would that work? How does the setup configuration changes in my case comparing to the screenshots on the linked thread? Could someone explain that as I am not to techy person, please. Thanks!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    What you are describing is a crippled setup. Much better is a multisat system on the main satellites and motor on satellites you watch infrequently.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

claonadh (16-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Huevos, actually I already have two lnbs now on the hotbird dish, 13E and 19.2E and was thinking about adding some more, but my dish is only 80cm and I do not think there is a chance to squeeze there two or three more. I would ideally want to get 7E, 10E, 13E, 16E, 19.2E and 23.5E.. Is it doable on 80cm dish? I heard there are special lnbs, very narrow, are they worth the effort? Will I get good signal out of them? Thanks

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    On an 80cm all those satellites are too many, in my opinion. Some of the transponders are not going to work. Also if you have more than 4 LNBs you are going to start spending money on expensive uncommitted switches.

What I would do is this. 28E, 23E, 19E, 13E on an 80cm dish. Put whichever is the weakest at the focal point. 23E probably. Dual output LNBs.
    Second dish on a motor. Hopefully this will be a 90cm or 1m dish.

Tuner A, DiSEqC to 28E, 23E, 19E, 13E on an 80cm dish.
    Tuner B, DiSEqC to the three most used satellites on the fixed dish and the fourth port to the motorised dish.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

claonadh (16-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    That sounds good. Can you guide me through the setup of tuner B? Is it the same as in this post? link ?