Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: edison bluetooth wont connect

Title
    Thanks

Post edison bluetooth wont connect

Hi Everyone i love the edison os mini but everytime i try to connect via blutooth nothing happens...I have three soundbars and not one will pair. The mac address of the devices come up but they just wont connect...any idea's guys and girls?

thanks in advance xavier5000

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem! But I think the BT device manager extension is meant to be used with extension keyboards.

Your question was asked twice before by other members earlier this year - both without a response, so I guess no-one can answer or solve the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks deewee for your reply..have you seen a solution to this anywhere> Thanks in advance

xavier5000

Title
    Thanks
    I read somewhere - may have been on here - that the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP. Be really useful for when wife's on phone to her mother... If i had BT headphones anyway.

Title
    Thanks
    BT is useless on this thing doesn't connect to either soundbars,phones or headphones,should done under the trade description act

Title
    Thanks
    Given that Bluetooth A2DP is widely supported on Linux / Android should have thought it would be a quick fix for the VIX team.
    On a wider perspective I would suggest that WoS sell a standard Bluetooth USB dongle then the VIX solution would be the same for every box, (then I would be able to listen to the TV without having to hear SWMBO :-)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I did read that E2 does not have a Profile for A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). This was back in late 2016 and then there were no plans to implement because of the lack of driver support by vendors