Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Factory Reset Function

Title
    Thanks

Factory Reset Function

Greetings Forum Members,

A question i'm hoping some of you technical gurus can enlighten me on :

1. I notice a menu option of " Factory Reset". My question is what function does this serve and when might it be appropriate to apply ?

2. My follow on question is : Would a "Factory Reset " followed by an "Image Restore" followed by a "Settings Restore" return my receiver to it's current status assuming all my back-ups were up-to-date ?

Cheers !!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    1. bring back settings to default. For me it is more or less not needed. A fresh flash is normally a better solution.

2. You do not need Factory Reset before Image Restore as Image restore overwrites all old installations/settins. You also need no Settings Restore if you did a real Image Restore with a recent Image. Settings restore is need if your image backup was rather old or if you make a fresh flash with the latest image.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Terrafirma (01-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Factory reset is a misleading title. It is not a factory reset. The only thing that will factory reset is installing the same image that was installed when it left the factory. Flashing any image removes all of the previous stuff.

Factory reset just deletes the contents of /etc/enigma2/ This is where most user data is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Terrafirma (01-11-16)