Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: I haven't a clue Edision OS mini

Title
    Thanks

I haven't a clue Edision OS mini

I bought a box it is an Edision OS mini DVBS" + DVBT2/C
    someone set it up for me so I can watch all the sky channels. however i have noticed there are no ITV channels just UTV (Irish ITV) I was wondering does anybody know how to add those ITV channels and any others that would be considered (other channels on sky) Until now I have been using a freesat box and am just used to those channels so wanted to know if I could get them on this box. I am totally new to this and I have no idea how the box even works.
    Whilst I was in the shop the guy showed me what to do with the box when I got it home ( I had to give him a usb which has to be left in the rear of the box and how I got my channels was by following the steps he showed me, which were: Menu-setup- system- epg- crossEPG- download now.
    This is probably basic stuff for you guys but I am not to clever when it comes to this. I would really appreciate any advice (preferably a walk through) if anyone can spare the time. I did ask in another thread but someone was not happy and said I was highjacking the thread, I can assure you all, that was not my intention and I obviously did not read all the forum rules if that (hijacking) is frowned upon, like most other forums I thought you could just ask and get advice. So hopefully I have not gotten off on the wrong foot in regards to the forum, Thanks, J.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Which image are you using? name/version and build number please

This thread will show you how to check

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

How are the bouquets/genres/favourite groups created?
    Are you using AutoBouquetsMaker? If so, which providers are enabled?

Title
    Thanks
    First up Thanks for the reply, I hate to sound stupid but I have no idea what an image is or a bouquets. I have taken some screen shots from the info would they help? like I said I do not have a clue.
    File 27-10-2016, 19 09 18.jpgFile 27-10-2016, 19 09 54.jpgFile 27-10-2016, 19 10 38.jpg I'm sorry the images are sideways, I thought this was going to be easy.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You are on image version 3.2, build number 036.

Have a read of these to get your head around things.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...s-and-Bouquets
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post422630

See this guide on making your bouquets. Examples are for Freesat, adapt to your preferances.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-using-OpenViX

You ought to install a newer image at some stage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

kokojnr (28-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for replying, I will read those links and try to get my head around things, I only got this box yesterday, I cannot even turn off the audio description on the channels its a head wrecker. I can see this thing going back in the box. If I try and get the channels I am missing will I lose the channels I have, that is my fear.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jadmix For This Useful Post:

kokojnr (28-11-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jadmix View Post
    I bought a box it is an Edision OS mini DVBS" + DVBT2/C
    someone set it up for me so I can watch all the sky channels. however i have noticed there are no ITV channels just UTV (Irish ITV) I was wondering does anybody know how to add those ITV channels and any others that would be considered (other channels on sky) Until now I have been using a freesat box and am just used to those channels so wanted to know if I could get them on this box. I am totally new to this and I have no idea how the box even works.
    Whilst I was in the shop the guy showed me what to do with the box when I got it home ( I had to give him a usb which has to be left in the rear of the box and how I got my channels was by following the steps he showed me, which were: Menu-setup- system- epg- crossEPG- download now.
    Thread closed. Re-read the rules.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable