Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem recording and watching different channels

Title
    Thanks

Problem recording and watching different channels

Hi there!!!

The truth I'm not very active in this kind of forums, because my knowledge is very limited, and I think there are a lot of people with more knowledge than me ... I can't contribute too much... So I limit myself to read and learn, because so far all the problems I've been having I have solved reading ...

The mess ... For some time now (I can not say exactly how much, one month approx) I have been seeing that the channel list could not display all channel ... Many of them were grayed, and could not see them. So I restarted E2 and the problem was solved... By the moment.

That became more common, so some days ago I decided to update the image, because I was pretty sure it was a software problem... Not hardware. I have the Gigablue for 10 months.

So factory reset, and install openATV 5.3 ... And start my private hell ...

The truth is that before installing the 5.3 did not give many turns to the subject ... I thought directly that it was a software problem that would be solved with an update ... But it was not so ...

I installed openATV 5.3. Community antenna. Softcam manager and CCcam 2.3.0. Tuner A pointing to Astra 19.2. The tuner B loop through A tuner. A list of channels updated. With this configuration, i have been working since December.

When I start recording a channel, almost the rest of the all channels are grayed ... I can see the rest of channel in the same TP I'm recording, and some more.

I realized that, checking all the channels, most of them were tuned by Tuner A, except some channel from a TP which were tuned by B tuner... It seemed that TP was "blocking" the tuner B. So without thinking twice I "deleted" all channels from that TP ... But nothing ... we are still the same. When I start recording, i only can see the channels from that TP.

I tried openmips, openvix, and I tried openATV 5.1... I updated the bootloader ... I tried all older versions than 2.3.0 Cccam ... I put the tuner B in "equal to a" instead of loop ... I have tried both tuners individually disabling the another one, and in both cases i can watch all channels but logically I can not record and watch different channels ... I tried to force recording with the B tuner ... I plug antenna cable in both tuners to have both tuners pointing to Astra 19.2 ... I thought the problem was just the channel list, so I made a clean search of channels ...still the same... In short, I've run out of ideas, and I do not know what else can I do ...

The last thing I am thinking on(I do not know if i can do it) should be forcing to use the tuner A for watching and B for recording ... But I didn't find the option to force a channel to get tuned by a fixed tuner.

I starting to think that there is a hardware problem ... that has been broken any of the tuners ..

Any suggestion or advice?

Thanks in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    When you say community antenna, do you mean you have a shared dish serving an apartment or group of buildings? If so, how many cables do you have - just one? With one cable connected to tuner A and tuner B looped through (in the tuner configuration - you don't need a physical cable connection from A to B), your options are limited. With a single cable you will be limited to transponders with the same polarisation (horizontal or vertical) and in the upper or lower frequency ranges. But you should see some transponders available to you when you are recording from one - they should not all be greyed out. For flexibility in tuning and recording you really need two cable feeds from the satellite dish.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    When you say community antenna, do you mean you have a shared dish serving an apartment or group of buildings? If so, how many cables do you have - just one? With one cable connected to tuner A and tuner B looped through (in the tuner configuration - you don't need a physical cable connection from A to B), your options are limited. With a single cable you will be limited to transponders with the same polarisation (horizontal or vertical) and in the upper or lower frequency ranges. But you should see some transponders available to you when you are recording from one - they should not all be greyed out. For flexibility in tuning and recording you really need two cable feeds from the satellite dish.
    Yes... I live in a flat and w have an antenna on the roof for everybody in the building... It's the typical installation in my country....

I know that whit this installation I only can see H polarization... But all the channel I need are in this polarization... I think that the installation is ok, because until one month ago, I used to use PiP a lot of time...

The problem is with Cccam ... Because if I disable it, i can record (black screen) and there is no grayed channel in the channel list... And if I activate again, almost all the channels become grey...

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    I finally solved the problem... I really don't know what I did to solve....

I formatted the internal HDD, unmounting and mounting again... I installed again the last bootloader from Gigablue website, Openmips 4.3, and the tuners started to work properly... Then, I installed again OpenATV 5.3, and everything is working fine now!

I think that there must to be some corrupted files, and they were deleted formatting HDD and installing an old image...

Maybe this information can help someone in future!

Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leilok For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (28-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    It's possible that the problem was with CCCam all along as you were able to record from two different transponders (on the same polarisation). Just for information, the internal HDD would not be used for storing any part of the working image (OpenViX or OpenATV), so it is not necessary to format it. The HDD would be storing backups of images or settings and the EPG, but the core files for the running image are all stored in the receiver's flash memory.
    I'm glad you got it sorted.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-10-16)