Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recording subtitles

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Simon's changes have been reversed until a universal fix can be made

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, Abu. I've gone back to the earlier version with the fix for now so the box is usable and it's working fine.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think that's version where the improvement has been removed again because it make subtitles in Finland a bit ugly. I'm waiting for a sample recording so I can find out what Finnish broadcasters are doing differently.

Title
    Thanks
    One other oddity I've noticed; the subtitles move up and down as you would expect to avoid obscuring content, but on one particular quiz programme (The Chase, ITV1) they always end up at the bottom when the next question appears on screen, making it impossible to read the question text. This doesn't happen on the TV's built-in Freeview or on my old Topfield box, and seems to happen on most if not all episodes.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'll set a recording for it and take a look. Do you get the same behaviour when watching a recording or watching live? It's repeated all over the place on ITV4 and Challenge, have you noticed the same problem on these other channels?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-09-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I've only ever watched it live, I'll set some recordings on the different channels and let you know.
    Last edited by geoffn; 11-09-19 at 19:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, I've looked at recordings from ITV4 and Challenge. The issue happens during the section with one contestant against the Chaser. What seems to be happening is that the last bit of dialogue (usually "here is your next question") before the question and possible answers appear on screen displays at the bottom, but then lingers for around 7-8 seconds, obscuring the question text.

Looking at a couple of other programmes, it seems that, where as a subtitle normally disappears as soon as the next bit of subtitled speech appears, if there is no more speech immediately then the subtitle remains on-screen for several seconds. On the TV's own freeview the subtitle will disappear immediately.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Simon - don't suppose you've had a chance to look at this again?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234