Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Solo Help

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Solo Help

Hi, my friend has asked me to flash the latest Vix image for him, he has Vix 2.3 204 on his box at the moment. I have tried flashing Vix 3 2 037 but not having any success so I reflashed Vix 2.3 204 which flashed with no problem. Can anyone give me any tips/help please.
    Last edited by maxal; 18-10-16 at 15:32.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    your flashing an old image

please see link below, which is latest image for solo

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...mages/vu-solo/
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks but your link takes me to the image that I have just tried.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxal View Post
    Thanks but your link takes me to the image that I have just tried.
    your right! try reflashing with the newest image. the solo is a very old box now and may not handle the recent image as well as the last image your on. sometime flashing doesn't work and at time retry does the trick. or try 036

report back whatever happens
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks, just one question am not sure what bootloader is installed is there anyway to check

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if you where using a legit copy of openvix image the bootloader should already be installed on box. am sure you can check this or not to honest.

please see link below to bootlaoder for solo. I suppose if the image doesn't install you could try bootloader first then the image.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...o-bootloaders/

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for the bootloader link I flashed it then tried flashing 3 2 036 but no joy so tried 2.3 204 at that still flases ok so a bit stuck now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    these boxes are old and tend to have difficulties in managing the newer image. maybe time for newer box.

it maybe worth keeping the older image if you tend to keep the box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for all your help I have a Solo 4k the box is a friends I will just have to tell him to buy a new one or stick with old image

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    It could be a clone receiver, thus why newer images won't flash. Personally I would stick the 3.0.808 image on the Solo, as it runs way better. And ftp the latest AutoBouquets folder to it and you have an up-to-date ABM then. (Make sure you grab the AutoBouquets folder from a MIPS receiver n not an ARM one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

maxal (18-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I have checked for the clone tell tail signs and I am convinced its a genuine box. I will try and find the image that you suggested thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It could be a clone receiver, thus why newer images won't flash. Personally I would stick the 3.0.808 image on the Solo, as it runs way better. And ftp the latest AutoBouquets folder to it and you have an up-to-date ABM then. (Make sure you grab the AutoBouquets folder from a MIPS receiver n not an ARM one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi again any chance you point me in the right direction to find a copy of the Vix 3.0.808 image please

Title
    Thanks
    could anyone help please,i am new to this, I have just purchased a vu solo2, from wos, but there are no intructions on how to get the channels,i have enigma 2,and openvix, I only have the normal stuff, I have 7 plugins, do I have to click on them, if so, which ones, thanks