Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to turn off subtitles

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The names of the audio tracks are defined by the service provider and they can be a little confusing. Obviously you don't want the NAR track so just select the other - it shouldn't display subtitles despite the name. If you want to manually turn off subtitles then just select the track that is already active (ie the one with the x).
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks

Can't Switch Off Subtitles on any channel. Why no menu "SUBTITLES [YES/NO]"?

Thanks Ronand, I am waiting for end of ad break and will see what result comes from selecting the track that is already active. with the X.

That suggests that the subtitles on that track toggle with each press. right? where is that morcel of information in guides, manuals or forums? (daft, i know its not in the User Manual that has a dumb (literally, not American definition) picture of the Audio Language Settings menu item.

Nope... THe ads just ended on D.Turbo, return to Wheeler Dealers and Subtitles still on.. i made them font size minimum (16 was it) and they're just about there. So still just about a problem.
    ronand

The names of the audio tracks are defined by the service provider and they can be a little confusing. Obviously you don't want the NAR track so just select the other - it shouldn't display subtitles despite the name
    Shouldn't.. yes but it does that's kinda why i'm here. Although more noting of good things, the problem isn't based in the audio track selected as some service do not have sutiltles indentifies in that audio track selector and still subtitles remain. D Turbo UK Sky a case in point.

Thanks some more.
    G

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its definitely a problem with your settings. Use openwebif to grab screenshots of the "auto language settings" pages - there are 2 of them ie you need to scroll down at the end. If you cant manage a screenshot then post the settings you have. Don't post some of them - please all of them! Here are my settings if you want to try them. Btw the audio service name has nothing to do with whether there are subs or not - they are separate.

image1.jpgimage2.jpg
    Last edited by ronand; 13-02-17 at 09:38.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks ronand
    Sure you're right its config...
    I just set all my Audio Language Settings to same as yours and then restarted and this is the screen grab of the Audio L Settings screeen.. its doesn't go over to two pages on my duo2...
    audio language.JPGaudio quick.JPG

They were only different before in that i had Undetermined, Spanish and None, respictively for the 2, 3 and 4 Audio Language Selection. None for all other stuff, and None for Prefer Subtitles Stored by Service too [ logically noż? I want None irrespect of what the service may offer].

I put the second grab in of the Audio quick menu and you can see there is only the NAR audio there and the "Subtitles" one. I can select NAR and alternatively the SD PICK, the subtitle is a reference pointer only, it just tells me perhaqps that what subtitles there are, match this audio channel. Its not a functional selector of subtiltes.. perhaps.

The Audio Quick stuff is similar for all channels. Discovery channels i have the subtitle font size miniscule.. interesting thats not the case with eg Pick. Font Size has not been applied like it has for Disco..

.. but i can't find the de-selector of subtitles.

Thanks some more.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks ronand
    Sure you're right its config...
    I just set all my Audio Language Settings to same as yours and then restarted and this is the screen grab of the Audio L Settings screeen.. its doesn't go over to two pages on my duo2...
    audio language.JPGaudio quick.JPG

(i have put YES to prefer AC3 since and all the same)

They were only different before in that i had Undetermined, Spanish and None, respictively for the 2, 3 and 4 Audio Language Selection. None for all other stuff, and None for Prefer Subtitles Stored by Service too [ logically noż? I want None irrespect of what the service may offer].

I put the second grab in of the Audio quick menu and you can see there is only the NAR audio there and the "Subtitles" one. I can select NAR and alternatively the SD PICK, the subtitle is a reference pointer only, it just tells me perhaqps that what subtitles there are, match this audio channel. Its not a functional selector of subtiltes.. perhaps.

The Audio Quick stuff is similar for most channels. Discovery channels i have the subtitle font size miniscule.. interesting thats not the case with eg Pick. Font Size has not been applied like it has for Disco....

but eg Dave and Gold both have English in the Audio Quick menu (no mention of subtitles) and they don't show in-vision subtitles...

Forget all that...
    It´s about all the ducks in a row.. Audio Language Settings have to right, and Subtitle Quick menu (for each channel) has to be right and that refers somehow to the Audio language/Subtitle in the Audio Quick Menu.

SORTED::: SOLVED::::

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greg0ry For This Useful Post:

ronand (14-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Since I have flashed to the latest image I am having the audio subtitle issue again. I have set audio language selection 1 to English and prefer audio track stored by service to no, but hasn't worked

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What are you having problems with? audio or subtitles? they are two seperate things.

Title
    Thanks
    Audio, since applying the settings and rebooting the box I haven't noticed it so hopefully it has sorted it

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I presume it is audio narrative track you are having an issue with? Stop confusing audio with subtitles - they work totally independently of each other despite the naming of some of the services.

Title
    Thanks
    This worked for me today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12