Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Use 2 x VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2

Title
    Thanks

Use 2 x VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2

Hey,

Is it possible to connect TWO of the VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 on the Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-S/S2?

Currently running latest Vix Image and have the USB DVB-C/T2 Tuner working fine, but can only record one channel and watch the same.

If I get another VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2, and use a Coax Splitter, will this give me the extra tuner "D" on Vix settings? Currently I have A=DVB-S, B=DVB-S, and C=VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2

Hope you guys can help!

Cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes you can use 2x cable USB tuners.
    A normal coax splitter will not work, you will need one that can handle the cable frequency spectrum.
    Any cable splitter will introduce signal loss, you may have a strong enough signal anyway to absorb this, if you find after splitting some channels work and some pixelate then you may need a powered splitter.
    Also cable is extremely sensitive to noise, especially on frequencys around 100mhz so the splitting of cables and fitting of plugs needs to be top notch, just a rogue braid of insulation wire can knock some channels off.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

DreamUser (12-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, I will get another VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 on order at WOS

Can you recommend a good powered splitter? I am going to need a 4 way splitter! One for virgin media router, two for Vu+ Solo SE V2 number one, and last one to Vu+ Solo SE V2 number 2 (another room)

Hope I can achieve this!

Cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamUser View Post
    Thanks, I will get another VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 on order at WOS

Can you recommend a good powered splitter? I am going to need a 4 way splitter! One for virgin media router, two for Vu+ Solo SE V2 number one, and last one to Vu+ Solo SE V2 number 2 (another room)

Hope I can achieve this!

Cheers
    do you not already have additional tap points in your house?
    If you do it would be advisable to use these rather than split into your modem feed.
    Or if you require most of the Feeds in the same room, you could locate the brown box outside where the main feed goes into, take the splitter out of there and connect the main feed to the modem feed with a barrel connector, then run the modem feed into the splitter you have taken out of the brown box and feed from that, be sure to use filters for each feed, particularly the modem.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

DreamUser (12-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Both TV Rooms have dual satellite feeds currently being used for satellite TV.

I used a Konig Satellite F-Splitter 5-2400MHz from the main feed into the house and split it two ways, VM Router and the VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 with the existing satellite cable, changed the F Type to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter, did a full scan and got 575 channels. BBC One signal is 93% - So if I get a 4 way splitter, in order to record one channel and watch another in one box, plus have another feed going into 2nd tv room you recommend doing the above? What's a filter you mentioned?

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    I am only splitting the router and from there two devices, one with double feed, would this be a good choice?

http://www.labgear.co.uk/category/ne.../1006/1036/82/

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamUser View Post
    Both TV Rooms have dual satellite feeds currently being used for satellite TV.

I used a Konig Satellite F-Splitter 5-2400MHz from the main feed into the house and split it two ways, VM Router and the VU+ Turbo USB Tuner DVB-C/T2 with the existing satellite cable, changed the F Type to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter, did a full scan and got 575 channels. BBC One signal is 93% - So if I get a 4 way splitter, in order to record one channel and watch another in one box, plus have another feed going into 2nd tv room you recommend doing the above? What's a filter you mentioned?

Cheers
    I'll give you my experience, try maxing your router out on a download after 11 at night, then see if your signal drops on bbc1 or you struggle to get your full speed on your cable, i suspect it will because you have already split the feed, my mate had a none VM supplied cable box and had split the feed himself, whilst attempting to watch cable tv at none peak times of the day he struggled to get 5 or 6mb download speed even though he was on 30mb.
    At peak times of day his router would struggle to lock onto the stream and kept going offline.
    What i did for him was install a Koenig single booster connected to the tap point then into the splitter, problem solved.
    on a 2 way split each feed is loosing 3.7db of power, on a 3 way split each feed looses 5.7db of power on a 4 way split i think it is about 8.2db power loss!!!
    Now if you can try to max your router out and tune to BBC1 and the signal is less than 93% on a 2 way split imagine how much you will loose on a 4 way, nothing will work.
    You would really need a powered splitter, i have previously used one of these:
    search ebay for 220V 4 Way Cable CATV TV Signal Booster Amplifier AMP Splitter Converter
    But i would not run your modem off this, you would need to keep the existing 2 way split and run the split into the booster and hope the signal into your modem was fine.. If not you would need to add a single line booster as previously mentioned
    search ebay for 28dB Cable TV CATV / Broadband Modem Signal Booster/Amplifier for Virgin Media
    Then run from that into your 4 way splitter, and adjust power accordingly... Note you may need an attenuator for your modem.
    The splitter you linked to should be fine, but some people swear by using a 2400mhz splitter, even though VM use 1000mhz on installs.
    p.s. the filters i talked about are inside the white box on your wall, you would only need these if you ran extra tap points from your outside box.
    Last edited by DaMacFunkin; 12-10-16 at 08:52.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

DreamUser (12-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Wow, massive thanks - You get top marks for that reply

I have 70Mb download and 6Mb Upload, will do some speed tests later and check signals, whatever the outcome is I will be certainly buying some or all of the above

Many Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, did you get the 2nd tuner, i have and its only showing one, i have a solo2 running the latest vix, can anyone confirm 2 turbo tuners work. thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by addy73 View Post
    Hi, did you get the 2nd tuner, i have and its only showing one, i have a solo2 running the latest vix, can anyone confirm 2 turbo tuners work. thanks.
    Did anyone have any joy running with two turbo tuners? Im looking to add a second turbo usb tuner too.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    guys i see a lot of chatter about poiwers splitters here. I am also doing simlar, converting from sky to VM.

is there a reason why all of the suggested purchases are chinese imports runnign on 220V? wil these still work in UK

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mj153 View Post
    Did anyone have any joy running with two turbo tuners? Im looking to add a second turbo usb tuner too.

thanks
    I wish I saw/found this thread before I bought 4x Vu+ turbo tuners for my 2 vu+ solo2 boxes.
    Cannot get 2x Vu+ turbo usb tuners to work in one box.

It just doesnt work. I tried on Openvix at first, then tried the original native Vu+ image just to check. Seems the driver by Vu+ doesn't allow 2x Turbo usb tuners to be used on one enigma2 box.

Im returning a couple of Vu+ turbo tuners and buying Sundtek cable tuner when it's back in stock, hopefully those 2 work together, if not, I have to use 2x sundtek usb tuners together which people have confirmed works.
    Not going to be buying another Vu+ usb tuner again I don't think.

Title
    Thanks
    To confirm

1 x sundtek
    1 x vu+ turbo
    works together
    (my current setup)

2 x sundtek works together

2 x vu+ turbo does NOT work together

vu+ turbo is like a second faster at zapping so I use vu+ turbo set to tuner c. and sundtek as tuner d.

In the sundtek plugin make sure u enable Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. install firmware. then blue to activate.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zino For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-06-17),ade1970 (12-01-20)