Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver - WiFi Dongle (I know I know) help required.

Title
    Thanks

Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver - WiFi Dongle (I know I know) help required.

Hi all,

In Feb this year I purchased a Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver from WoS along with a http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...eless-lan-wlan as I can't get an Ethernet cable to the location I want to put the box and Extenders don't work on my electrical network for some reason.

I initially installed the box in a home office as I could connect an Ethernet cable to it there to download the WiFi dongle driver (RTL8192EU) and I hooked it up to an old small TV screen. Once I got it set up (including the WiFi dongle working) I moved it to the main TV location and all was well until recently when I udpated Vix to version 4.2 005 and the WiFi dongle wasn't being recognised. I remembered having to download the specific driver so brought the box back to the Ethernet cable location and downloaded the RTL8192EU driver. A few minutes later I had the WLAN settings complete and got a full set of green ticks when I did the Network Test but on re-installing the box in the main TV location no matter what I do I cannot get the box to see the WiFi dongle. I don't get a choice of WLAN and LAN in network setup, all I get is a LAN version which obviously fails on network test as I don't have an Ethernet cable connected to the box at that location. I've tried rebooting the box and inserting the WiFi dongle in different USB ports without any success and I know there is a very strong WiFi signal at the TV location as I have an Android box there which runs Netflix and streams sports etc over the WiFi network.

I'd really like to get more usage out of the box, to use Webif and download more plugins etc but to do so I need the WiFi dongle to work.

Any suggestions? I spent most of yesterday trying to figure this out without any success

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried another driver. Say AU OR CU
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, tried the cu driver but not the au. Might give that a go.

Thanks.