Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to put the preview channel in the window

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What TV do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    A 2011 LG. Not sure about exact model. Just figured it's something to do with overscan as I seem to be getting a grey test image when I change the position settings. I've looked through the tv menu and don't see anything to do with overscan. Is it called something else?

Title
    Thanks
    On my LG OLED TV its called "Just Scan" in the Aspect Ratio settings. Other names are Just Scale, Screen Fit etc.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ahu381 (15-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Spot on mate! It's called just scale on mine, and that has sorted it. Thanks for all your help!

Title
    Thanks
    Glad you got sorted in the end.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahu381 View Post
    Right, I've managed to eliminate it down to the 'position setup' in user interface. It appears that if I change these settings during the setup wizard, I get the problem. But if I skip this stage at setup or restore to defaults, there's no problem. So for a fix, I have to leave the position settings as default, which is not ideal.
    I found ages ago that position setup left/right causes problems when set to 16, and the value 15 sorted it out.

A reboot from deep standby was also needed......

Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I reflashed with a no settings restore and when I put in the value 16 the OSD moved to the middle of the screen, and things like the epg wrapped round to the left hand side. I'll try it again later.

Edit:

Changing to 16 had no effect. Restarting Enigma had no effect.

Rebooting from deep standby did - the OSD went into the middle. Changing to 15 and went ok, changing to 16 and back to the middle straight away. Most odd.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Technomate had similar issues with their first E2 boxes, fixed before or soon after release with driver updates.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    have you replaced any converters/renderers to get the skin working?
    If it is SlyK skin, it has renderers and converters. If they are at fault, then all machines will be affected.

If the skin is not cause of issue and the drivers are at fault, whatever skin you use, it will not render the PiG correctly.
    PiG = Picture in Graphics

Title
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem with this box on the openvix 4.2 023 image with a Fresh flash today only got the box a week ago with 021 on and that would not work either so flashed it today to see if it was just an early image problem.

When the setting in position setup or set as default 720 x 576 the preview window works correctly and reduces the screen to fit the preview window in EPG and the other preview windows,

but when i change the setting as my tv being used does not have the scale setting. so changing the setting to 700 x 556 the preview in the EPG or any other preview windows does not reduce as the pic in the op's earlier post.
    so only the top right hand corner of the picture screen is in view. I put the setting back to 720 x 576 and it works fine. Your saying its a driver issue. so why is it working at the default setting and not at a lower setting. even just reducing 1 setting from 720 to 719 x 576 causes the preview not to work.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I am having the same problem with this box on the openvix 4.2 023 image with a Fresh flash today only got the box a week ago with 021 on and that would not work either so flashed it today to see if it was just an early image problem.

When the setting in position setup or set as default 720 x 576 the preview window works correctly and reduces the screen to fit the preview window in EPG and the other preview windows,

but when i change the setting as my tv being used does not have the scale setting. so changing the setting to 700 x 556 the preview in the EPG or any other preview windows does not reduce as the pic in the op's earlier post.
    so only the top right hand corner of the picture screen is in view. I put the setting back to 720 x 576 and it works fine. Your saying its a driver issue. so why is it working at the default setting and not at a lower setting. even just reducing 1 setting from 720 to 719 x 576 causes the preview not to work.
    Then turn the overscan feature off on your TV!!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Andy, not all TV/Displays have the overscan setting.

OSD resize menu was meant to affect GUI, not the video. It is indeed an issue affected by the drivers. Shame we cant work around it.

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah on TVs that are maybe over 10 years old. All newer TVs have the overscan feature, just either A/ They don't know what it is or B/ They think you need to use OSD Positioner to put right which is a very very very last resort.

Title
    Thanks
    This tv does not have an overscan on it. I have tried changing the tv from 16.9 Zoom Smart Zoom and Auto, but the screen will not reduce to fit the skin properly, still th M is missing in the Main Menu setup window.

Title
    Thanks
    By the way I am not new to this, I have been using vix on other boxes for years.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Which tv model have you got?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast