Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best LNB for Solo 4K?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok Andy thanks

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You will be fine with Kodi on the S2. I have it on one here and it's absolutely fine and whilst not as good as my firetv, it is def £80 better.

You can't put the giant builds on it but then I use about half a dozen addon which is more then enough.

Stick ares wizzard on and install the ORROO firestick lite build.

You get the occasional skin error but works 100%

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1607 View Post
    Just having a read through the forum and I see neither the standard Sky or Sky Q LNB are really suitable for the Solo 4K, just wondering what LNB people would recommend, I see people mentioning a Unicable II LNB but im unsure which one to go for as there is quite a few ranging from as little as £15 up to £99, obviously I don't want to spend more than needed, is there one that's reasonably priced that would fit onto a Sky Mini Dish to suit the 4K box ok?
    Hi mate , best lnb is Inverto Unicable II programmable LNB,also you can add holder adaptor for sky dish MK4 LNB -40mm,
    It the receiver has one of the new advanced tuners (like the
    VU+ 4K many different channels can be recorded which watching a different channel. A single cable is used between the
    LNB and the receiver. It can also be used with multiple receivers as long as the correct unicable software pre-installed.
    Unicable IITM - Inverto’s programmable ODU solutions -
    Inverto is a leader in single cable solutions since 2005, and a supplier of choice of ODU products for tier-1 satellite
    operators across the world. The Unicable II™ is the 2nd generation of single cable distribution products, digital
    Channel Stacking supporting up to 32 user bands and based on the latest full-band capture technology.
    Quick and simple upgrade of subscribers’ homes from single-tuner single-room setup to multi-room multi-tuner setup
    (up to 32 tuners in total) using existing cables, reducing cost and time of upgrades,
    or if you need LNB with splitters for 4 outputs. Connect up to 4 receivers,then you have to buy this one ,
    The new Inverto Unicable SCR (Single Cable Router)
    have look here
    http://www.inverto.tv/guide/?p=25
    regards Nick

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fevgatos For This Useful Post:

duoduo (03-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Another way to feed the 4K's FBC tuners is to use a Unicable matrix such as the Spaun SUS 5581 in conjunction with a quattro LNB. On its own, this is an expensive solution to a requirement that can be met more cheaply, but it works well as part of a multi-satellite, multi-receiver installation. I have a toroidal dish with four quattro LNBs for the main satellites I use. These are connected to a DiSEqC multiswitch which provides outputs for Tuners C and D of the Solo 4K as well as for three other receivers. In this way, all the tuners have an unrestricted choice of channels on all four satellites. The Spaun Unicable matrix intercepts the quattro feeds from the 28.2E LNB on their way to the multiswitch, thus avoiding the need to have a separate dish for the FBC tuner - you can simply loop the feeds through it.

An advantage of this system is that it doesn't suffer from digital splats which I was getting when I used quad or octo LNBs with ordinary DiSEqC switches. If I changed channel on one receiver, a momentary glitch would appear on other receivers tuned to other channels, on the live picture and on recordings. I never worked out what was causing this -- LNB voltage transients possibly, or crosstalk in the switches - but the multiswitch system is free of it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    Another way to feed the 4K's FBC tuners is to use a Unicable matrix such as the Spaun SUS 5581 in conjunction with a quattro LNB. On its own, this is an expensive solution to a requirement that can be met more cheaply, but it works well as part of a multi-satellite, multi-receiver installation. I have a toroidal dish with four quattro LNBs for the main satellites I use. These are connected to a DiSEqC multiswitch which provides outputs for Tuners C and D of the Solo 4K as well as for three other receivers. In this way, all the tuners have an unrestricted choice of channels on all four satellites. The Spaun Unicable matrix intercepts the quattro feeds from the 28.2E LNB on their way to the multiswitch, thus avoiding the need to have a separate dish for the FBC tuner - you can simply loop the feeds through it.

An advantage of this system is that it doesn't suffer from digital splats which I was getting when I used quad or octo LNBs with ordinary DiSEqC switches. If I changed channel on one receiver, a momentary glitch would appear on other receivers tuned to other channels, on the live picture and on recordings. I never worked out what was causing this -- LNB voltage transients possibly, or crosstalk in the switches - but the multiswitch system is free of it.
    Thank you for the 1st sensible solution I have seen for people,with multiple sats and don,t want to throw away the existing infrastructure ..... at least it gives me an option that I hadn,t seen before ..... Inverto may say they are a "leader" in single cable solutions but their LNB,s are crap,in a marginal signal situation ... and that has been proved in numerous set ups,over here
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Pretty much all LNBs have a 40mm collar so you can't use them on a Sky dish. So if you want to use a different LNB you would need to change the dish. Team members using a Unicable II LNB are using the Inverto IDLU-32Ul40_UNBOO-OPP. No complaints.
    Does a Unicable II LNB have much of a benefit over std LNB when you only have one receiver?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by attewell View Post
    Does a Unicable II LNB have much of a benefit over std LNB when you only have one receiver?
    You'll need at least SCR8 for one twin FBC tuner.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/gt-sat

Take a look at the GT-dLNB1DY, this is SCR24.

Do you have any Freesat TV's or any other receivers that can't use Unicable? If so look at the GT-S3DCSS24 as this also has 3x Legacy outputs.
    GT-dLNB1DY

GT-dLNB1DY

GT-dLNB1DY
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234