Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: xspeed LX2 upgrade

Title
    Thanks

xspeed LX2 upgrade

Hi hoping someone can help me with this please:

I am trying to upgrade my lx2 to vix 4.0.5 and have downloaded to USB but running through the instructions nothing happens on the front screen to indicate to press the volume + to start the upgrade and it boots into version 3.2.

I have tried a clean formatted fat32 usb and tried downloading the firmware from within the manager but once I have done that and tried to install the box doesn't seem to start any upgrade (although USB is flashing away) and all I have showing on the screen is Error - Tune Failed. the front screen is showing backup Manager and if I remove the usb and plug into computer I see a number of folders.

any help at all would be greatly appreciated I want to move from 3.2 which seems to have stopped working for me.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    are you using a good usb stick like a kingston 8gb,you said you formatted usb to fat 32 ok,did you download correct file for your model then extracted it to usb.follow flashing guide for that model.

backup manager you should be able to online download new image to box and save to hdd,it will ask you if you want to install new image yes,when done box wizard will ask you to setup new settings,dont use restore settings.

a flashing usb means something is happening and not to power off half way through.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you. I left the USB for over 1hr last night but nothing was happened and from the instructions said it should take about 5 mins to do the flash.

I tried another memory stick to upgrade the bootloader and first time as soon as I switched the lx2 off and on the upgrade happened straight away so as you say it could be the type of memory stick I am using (was a spare 512mb that I had sitting around).

I will go and buy a Kingston 8gb today and give it a try again tonight.

Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I had downloaded the correct model for my machine and extracted correct only having the xspeed folder on the freshly formatted fat32 memory. I done the exact same process for the bootloader later and that worked straight away first time so it must be the memory stick at fault.