Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: quick bit of buying advice

Title
    Thanks

quick bit of buying advice

hi

Seeing as this box only has one usb on the back, i just wondered if this model can happily support crossEPG download and PICONS within ram rather than on a USB stick ?

plus can a 2.5 in hdd happily sit internally without getting too hot?

thanks
    Technomate-TM-Nano-3T - Vu+Solo - Dm800HD - DM518

Inverto MultiConnect LNB system - 1m Orbital dish - zone 2 28e dish

Title
    Thanks
    The advice is to not store EPG & PICONS on internal flash. So it would go on external USB or internal hard drive.

I have never owned a Xtrend 7500 but have used other internal HDD-capable boxes and no issues with storing epg/picons on internal drive. The USb would be sed for flashing or using as media player.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    EPG data definitely a no no on flash. Thats not just this receiver either, EPG data should never be stored to flash on any receiver. Internal HDD will be just fine and store your EPG data to that. As for the Picons, should be ok to store to flash, but depends which ones. If the MK ones, you may struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks guys.
    somehow i thought having crossepg on HDD would cause constant spinning of the disks, or maybe i have this confused with the picons.

i am looking for an entry level twin tuner box for my parents (hence i dont want any external hdd or usb stick dependency) to keep it simple. So i am looking for box to host internal hdd, removing the need for a usb plugged in the back for anything.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    As for the Picons, should be ok to store to flash, but depends which ones. If the MK ones, you may struggle.

andy_hazza , what are MK picons?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    These bad boys >> MK Picons (28.2 and UK cable) (DOWNLOAD ONLY)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    You should look at both the Edision Mini (internal WiFi capability) and the Xtrend ET7500, but neither come with internal hdd capability.
    I always have always used a usb stick for picons (and also Crossepg when I use it) without any issues.
    I tend to decide which picons I am using and then use my PC to copy the picons to each usb stick.

Using a usb has never been an issue, even for my in laws - who have broken everything else on my setup's but thats a different story
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    thanks guys
    i have just taken delivery of both a Edision Mini and an Xtrend ET7500 to play with.

I built the Xtrend with latest VIX last night. Stuck the crossEPG on the HDD (internal), and picons in flash. Its running very nice so far and did the overnight epg update.

I will build the Edison Mini tonight.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris16v View Post
    thanks guys
    i have just taken delivery of both a Edision Mini and an Xtrend ET7500 to play with.

I built the Xtrend with latest VIX last night. Stuck the crossEPG on the HDD (internal), and picons in flash. Its running very nice so far and did the overnight epg update.

I will build the Edison Mini tonight.
    I would be curious to know what you think between the two boxes. I went for the Edision over the ET7500 and so far have found if you don't point the remote directly at the receiver it doesn't pick up the signal. I got the twin sat model and also noticed the chipsets for the two tuners are by two different manufacturers which seems a bit odd to me but what do I know lol.

Title
    Thanks
    Can some please tell me the sata spec for the 2.5" HDD for the ET7500. I've had a look in the manual but no mention if it is sata I, II, III.