Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can i buy xtrend et10000?

Title
    Thanks

where can i buy xtrend et10000?

Hello, looking to buying either mutant 2400 or xtrend et10000. i dont want to buy vu duo2 which i think is overpriced.

Im unable to find neither box on forum sponsor site or main website. Please help.

thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    I would guess ET10000 is pretty sold out, although available in Europe at the current pound:euro rate not worth considering.
    Unless you want transcoding or 4 tuners, I would go for the newer ET8500.

I think most providers such as Mut@nt (now), Gigablue (almost) and Xtrend (4Q 2016) are shipping new 4K models.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by technomind View Post
    Hello, looking to buying either mutant 2400 or xtrend et10000. i dont want to buy vu duo2 which i think is overpriced.

Im unable to find neither box on forum sponsor site or main website. Please help.

thank you.
    Vu+ Duo2 is a rock solid receiver. You'll struggle to get the ET10K or the HD2400. Mut@nt HD51 will soon be out (4K receiver), or look at something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    which is a better box, et10000 or et8500... as for the screen, im not one for gimmicky front lcd screen.

As far as 4k, my tv only supports 1080p and also not worth investing into 4k. Few more years before widely accessible and enough content to make it viable.

Title
    Thanks

Neither. lol. Thats just my personal opinion, but the ET8500 is a bargain at that price so a no brainer if you are looking for a new receiver.

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 03-09-16 at 17:15. Reason: Typo
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

technomind (03-09-16)

Title
    Thanks

As far as 4k, my tv only supports 1080p and also not worth investing into 4k. Few more years before widely accessible and enough content to make it viable.
    4K will be more catered for Streaming services, not for satellite. Thats my opinion.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Neither. lol. Thats just my personal opinion, but the ET8500 is a bargain at that price so a no brainer if you are looking for a new receiver.

so in your opinion vu duo 2 the best?

200 euros + shippingis the price i have seen et10000 on a German site.. Ideally i want receiver with hardware transcoding which i believe et10000 offers. I may try streaming cable channels and also need to connect omnikey readers.

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah ET10K and Vu+ Duo2 offer hardware transcoding. Out the two receivers I prefer the Vu+, but that is just my opinion.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

technomind (03-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    But then Andy would buy Ice cubes from Vu as long as they have the Vu logo stamped through them

If you decide to go ahead with the German web site, if you pm me first, I will let you know what I think of them

Ref 4K, these boxes will also support 1080 so as long as the technology is an improvement might be worth waiting.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    But then Andy would buy Ice cubes from Vu as long as they have the Vu logo stamped through them

If you decide to go ahead with the German web site, if you pm me first, I will let you know what I think of them

Ref 4K, these boxes will also support 1080 so as long as the technology is an improvement might be worth waiting.
    tend to buy clones which have treated me well over the years

Feel like treating myself to a new box. I wont be buying Vu. Very good support but far too overpriced considering what competitors are offering. 3-4 tuners im looking at £400+ outlay.

How is Mutant HD51 comparable in terms of specification. Now i know support wont be nearly as good as Vu but overtime im sure they will improve.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by technomind View Post
    How is Mutant HD51 comparable in terms of specification. Now i know support wont be nearly as good as Vu but overtime im sure they will improve.
    Based on their track records, I think that you would be surprised Never heard many isues with Mut@nt, whereas Vu+ and their driver issues, you could write a book about
    HD51 looks like a good basic model, with apparently the HD52 being the more up market model available later.

If I remember correctl no hardware transcoding on HD51
    Last edited by twol; 03-09-16 at 20:58.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Based on their track records, I think that you would be surprised Never heard many isues with Mut@nt, whereas Vu+ and their driver issues, you could write a book about
    HD51 looks like a good basic model, with apparently the HD52 being the more up market model available later.
    But I heard you would buy ice cubes with Xtrend stamped on them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (04-09-16),Mr. Mister (03-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I wanted a box for transcoding so I managed to get an Xtrend et10000 a couple of weeks ago for 199 euros (about £170), I think it only took 3 days to arrive too. I won't post the site because i think it's against forum rules but it's from the german domain (.de) of a marketplace I have a prime account with

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Yeah ET10K and Vu+ Duo2 offer hardware transcoding. Out the two receivers I prefer the Vu+, but that is just my opinion.

At the moment the price for ET10000 in Finland is 209 Euros for basic unit, and the price for Duo2 324 Euros. I have both of those, but I would recommend Duo2.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Andy would buy a big black dildo from Vu if it was so branded lol. Don't get me wrong I have multiple Vu plus boxes and they do what they do excellently but there way over priced compared to the competition and their devs are arrogant sods too.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (06-09-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast