Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtrend ET7500 photos / mini review

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts

Thumbs up Xtrend ET7500 photos / mini review

We've been so impressed with the Xtrend ET7500 we thought we'd post some photo's of the unit for the benefit of anyone thinking of ordering one of these.

In our opinion its an excellent mid-range receiver. Can be a single satellite model, twin satellite or combo 1x satellite and 1x hybrid for either cable or terrestrial. Second tuner is play and play, shown in the attached photos. Satellite tuner or hybrid cable/terrestrial tuner modules available.

Single tuner HERE only £119. Twin satellite tuner HERE only £139. Combo satellite + hybrid HERE only £149.

Nice front display, rare on receivers in this price range. Internal 2.5" is easily installed via internal cradle. Also has rear external eSatap port, can be used as USB or eSata.

This model has a silent fanless design. Even thought the price tag on this is mid-range, its perfect for use as any main family receiver that don't need any more than two tuners. Excellent for watching an recording multiple channels across two transponders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

snootyfox (17-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much world-of-satellite.co.uk. I am very interessed in this receiver but don,t know if it,s HD+ module compatible. You know? Than you very much for the pics i love this machine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco66 View Post
    Thank you very much world-of-satellite.co.uk. I am very interessed in this receiver but don,t know if it,s HD+ module compatible. You know? Than you very much for the pics i love this machine.
    What do you mean HD+ module compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    What do you mean HD+ module compatible?

Its German TV provider.

@ the op, HD+ i believe use CI+, pretty sure should be fine with OpenATV or OpenXTA.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    At this moment I don,t think there is support for CI+ .... you would have to check on OpenATV, but I don,t think the current Xtrend drivers have support.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (27-09-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    We've been so impressed with the Xtrend ET7500 we thought we'd post some photo's of the unit for the benefit of anyone thinking of ordering one of these.

In our opinion its an excellent mid-range receiver. Can be a single satellite model, twin satellite or combo 1x satellite and 1x hybrid for either cable or terrestrial. Second tuner is play and play, shown in the attached photos. Satellite tuner or hybrid cable/terrestrial tuner modules available.

Single tuner HERE only £119. Twin satellite tuner HERE only £139. Combo satellite + hybrid HERE only £149.

Nice front display, rare on receivers in this price range. Internal 2.5" is easily installed via internal cradle. Also has rear external eSatap port, can be used as USB or eSata.

This model has a silent fanless design. Even thought the price tag on this is mid-range, its perfect for use as any main family receiver that don't need any more than two tuners. Excellent for watching an recording multiple channels across two transponders.
    I notice there is no scart socket. Can a RF Modulator be used with this box?

Title
    Thanks
    How about looking at HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6. Far superior to the RF Modulator. The RF Modulator is really poor quality in comparison.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

snootyfox (18-10-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes you would just buy a rf modulator that has composite rca inputs (Yellow, white & red) or buy a scart input adaptor and use a composite plus stereo audio adaptor.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

snootyfox (18-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Yes you would just buy a rf modulator that has composite rca inputs (Yellow, white & red) or buy a scart input adaptor and use a composite plus stereo audio adaptor.
    Still poor compared to HDMI Extender over Cat5/6. Baffles me why peeps use RF Modulator still, absolutely hideous quality.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

snootyfox (18-10-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

snootyfox (18-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    How about looking at HDMI Extender over Cat 5/6. Far superior to the RF Modulator. The RF Modulator is really poor quality in comparison.

Thanks @Andy. Will have a look. How do I then use the IR eye to change channels?
    Last edited by snootyfox; 18-10-16 at 10:43.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Thanks @DaMacFunkin. I see the sponsers have one on their site.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Had a look at this @Sicilian, quite expensive.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Depends on what you call expensive, I run an HDMI matrix to feed 3 different screens (TV/PJ in lounge, TV upstairs), combine that with HDMI balun's and some 5e or 6 and you'll have HDMI output wherever you run the cable to. A powered HDMI matrix is starts at £15ish, powered balun's start at £25ish, if it's only a short run then you may get away with un-powered splitters and balun's, personally I would spend the extra few quid though. Also consider that you'd need a way of dealing with IR control, some people are happy with an app/web interface, personally i'd spend the extra tenner for baluns that support IR wands.
    Sorry, I meant the HDMI modulator was quite expensive . I will have a look into your suggestion. Am I correct in assuming that you require to run 2 cat cables between the HDMI baluns? I am hoping to send satellite TV from main TV to bedroom. (less than 30m) By HDMI matrix, do you mean a HDMI splitter?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Modulation is overkill for what you want.

My setup works like this: VuSolo4k output via HDMI to a 2:4 HDMI matrix, output 1 goes to the main TV in the lounge, output 2 goes to the projector in the lounge, output 3 goes to a Neet balun, from that I ran two solid core cat5e cables into the hall cupboard and then up to the landing cupboard and into the loft space, they then come down in the corner of the master bedroom to the other Neet balun. My IR is separate via RG6 as that's what I had in place to do IR for the Sky box.

My matrix is in effect an expensive powered splitter with multiple inputs and more outputs. When you see TV's in a shop all showing the same content this is how it's done. Unlike a passive (cheap) splitter that takes one input and gives two outputs a marix has a number of inputs (2 in my case) and a number of outputs (4) so it's a 4:2 matrix rather than a splitter. I have another device connected to it's 2nd input so I could feed that to all the outputs if I wanted to, single cable versions are now also available but you're better off using cat6 if that's the way you want to go.

Basically my way requires you to spend £40-50 + cable and spare remote and gives you the same functionality as if you picked your box upstairs and plugged it in. You can only watch/record what's on the main screen, but it works well for us and even though it cost me more to do at the time (5+ years ago), it's been faultless since and been adapted for both Virgin, Sky and Freesat over the years with minimal work. Make sure your network feeds are solid core copper and not CCA (copper clad aluminium), you can't wire this to a patch panel, it's single continuous feeds between the balun's or it won't work, my only regret is at the time the IR versions of what I have were twice the price, now it would cost very little to do it with IR.
    Thanks@Avalon for your detailed setup. £50 seems very reasonable for setup. Had a scurry around and found this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...Q8V4N1XFMV#Ask Would you recommend this with cat6 cable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast