Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Replace Remote Control (compatibility)

Title
    Thanks

Replace Remote Control (compatibility)

I have a Gigablue HD Quad but its remote stopped working , I still have limited functionality using an old programmable remote but I want to buy a proper replacement RC (without keyboard though)
    I found several RC and a "universal" RCU on ebay/amazon etc but I am not sure about compatibility as most of them mention slightly different GigaBlue models like HD 800 etc.
    So my question is; how compatible are the GigaBlue boxes in regard to the remote control. Or is there a good 'universal' remote which I can program to work with my GigaBlue Quad by entering a predefined code?

any help much appreciated...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I would advise to use a Logitech Harmony; much more than a device RC.
    Anything from the 600 and upwards should be fine.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (21-08-16)

Ojustaboo
    I've got what I presume is a genuine "one for all" (bought from Maplins store) and it controls my GB Quad, Denon amp and Sony TV superbly (well it did, read on)

However, to get it to operate my quad, I had to use the learn functions, hence if your remote isn't working you wont be able to program it.

First one I got, I had to press the down button really hard to get a responce so took it back and got a replacement. This worked well for about a year, since then I've had to take it to bits twice and rub some of the buttons on a bit of printer paper to get them working again. The button that allows me to turn everything off with one press I can no longer get to work at all. The right button is not nearly as responsive as the left. I wish I'd spent a little more and gone with the Harmony, which when this finally breaks will be what I'm buying.

I never need to use the original remote even when reflashing, getting rid of three remotes and replacing with one was best thing I ever did.