Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tuner set up issue

Title
    Thanks

Tuner set up issue

I'm having problems setting up my new Technomate TM-NANO-3T Combo receiver which I've had just 24hrs now, and I'm hoping someone here can help. It came with the latest OpenVIX installed and has a build number of 4.1.016, although I don't know if that relates to OpenVIX or the receiver!

I have two dishes. A standard sky dish pointing to 28.2 East and a separate dish pointing to 19.2 East. The two tuners both pick up signals from 19.2 East but I can't get anything on the sky dish. I started with 19.2 on tuner A and 28.2 on tuner B. I tried swapping over the cables so 19.2 was on tuner B and 28.2 was on tuner A and still nothing on 28.2. It's as if the sky dish isn't even plugged in. I've reconnected the 28.2 (sky) dish up to my old receiver and it works perfectly, so what's going on?

By this I deduce that there's nothing wrong with the two tuners on the receiver, or the sky LNB and cable. So why isn't the receiver seeing any signal from it?

I'm guessing I need to set up the tuner that 28.2 is connected to differently. Currently it's set to

Simple config,
    Single mode,
    Satellite 28.2 E,
    DISEqc set to no.

Do I need to change the config mode to something more complex, and if so, do you know what I need to set it to in order to get it working like it was on my old receiver? I've tried a few settings but nothing works.

I do hope someone has come across this before and knows what the solution is.

Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Good news. A new LNB fixed the problem. Although why the old LNB worked in other receivers but not this one is still a mystery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ireallyneedhelp For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (18-08-16)