Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 24h offset in EPG info on some channels

Title
    Thanks

24h offset in EPG info on some channels

A while back there was a change in the distribution of EPG info from my provider so the VU box can no longer be configured to get the EPG info from the sat feed. Therefore I had to switch to xmltv. It works fine but I soon noticed that the EPG info was wrong for some channels.

For some reason there is a 24h offset on some but not all channels. I haven't checked all channels but two of the ones that have the offset is TV12 HD and H2 HD. This means that the information shown in the EPG for these channels is 24h old.

I have a scheduled import every day. I have also tried to trigger a manual import but it does not change anything.

It's a bit annoying since it affects channels that I watch quite a lot. It also makes it impossible to use auto-timers to record programmes since the EPG information doesn't match the actual broadcasts.

Does anyone know what the problem may be and how to solve it?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Have you checked the data in the xml file is correct? If not you need to tell the supplier of that data so they can correct it.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    No, I have not checked the xml files. My first thought was actually that the received information was the source of the problem and not the ViX image. However, I don’t know where the xml files end up (if anywhere) and I don’t know whom to adress if the source information is the problem so I thought I’d try posting a thread on this forum. I also figured that if this was actually a generic problem with the egg information there should be more talk about it.

I have only installed and configured the plugin to make it work. I kind of figured the files where downloaded, information extracted into the epg.dat file and then discarded. If the files are stored somewhere in the fs, please tell me where and I will check them. I tried opening the epg.dat file in vi but it seems to be in a format not readable by vi.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Personallly, I'd look at getting cross EPG (stream download) to work again. Some receivers need a swap file as the EPG data has grown

The chap who maintains Rytec data hates CrossEPG downloader and occasionally makes incorrect statements about it. You will get more help from him if you use EPG/xmltv importer to download the data he uploaa. He will need the service references of channels affected.

Title
    Thanks
    Also worth noting LraiZer has started a project to download the EPG data and convert it to Radio times format. Not sure if this is any use to you. Check his Github repository.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Personallly, I'd look at getting cross EPG (stream download) to work again. Some receivers need a swap file as the EPG data has grown

The chap who maintains Rytec data hates CrossEPG downloader and occasionally makes incorrect statements about it. You will get more help from him if you use EPG/xmltv importer to download the data he uploaa. He will need the service references of channels affected.
    To be honest I would prefer not to switch to CrossEPG. I have tried it before and experienced some stability issues. Since the XMLTV plugin works fine, apart from the offset issue, I would prefer sticking with it, at least if the offset issue can be fixed.

The EPG information streamed from my provider is now streamed using a non-specified frequency and not embedded in one of the channel streams. Therefore, I have not found any way to retrieve that information because I have not found any way to get the tuner to lock on to a non-channel feed for only epg info. Also, I do not know what frequency the provider uses for epg feed. I could of course switch to the provider specific box but I like the solo4k box and ViX image much better.

Title
    Thanks

24h offset in EPG info on some channels

The EPG data has been on same transponder for a very long time (years) and has not changed. Anyway, that is irrelevant to you.

You can send Doglover a PM or see PLI forum if there is similar recent post about the offset. There was a post a few weeks ago about same issue which I believe was fixed, so not sure if something else has happened.

To expedite issue, post the names and service references of affected channels.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.