Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Twin tuner config

Title
    Thanks

Twin tuner config

Got the Premium twin+ , set it all up, running like a dream.
    2 Q's though. I downloaded MGcam 1.3.8 , went to cam manager and it wasn't there. no cams whatsoever, so went back to download it again, and 1.3.8 has gone from the list, but 1.3.5 was there, so downloaded that, and that's working...what gives? .

And lastly, Iv'e only set up Tuner A, can I now just "enable" Tuner B, and it'll use the same bouquets, channel list as tuner A, or do I have to go through the setup / search again to create new bouquets?..and id so, will Tuner A look at the bouquets of tuner B ect.

Ped

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Channel data is not specific to the tuner. Any tuner that can use the data uses it when called to do so.

However, your tuner configuration must match the hardware connected to it. The most common mistake is people only have one signal wire connected, but they set the receiver as though it has signal wires connected to both tuners.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ped078 (23-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks.

I have a signal feed to both tuners from the same source, I want to set Tuner A as my preferred "viewing" tuner, and Tuner B as my preferred "recording" tuner , Tuner A is set up and working perfectly, recieving all channels and, so can I just enable Tuner B and it'll use the same bouquets as Tuner A?

Regards

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    "Channel data is not specific to the tuner. Any tuner that can use the data uses it when called to do so" means "You do not have to scan again or make separate bouquets"

Why do you want to set up preferred tuners etc if both tuners have the same signal availability? Just leave the defaults, system will use whatever it needs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ped078 (23-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Fair enough.

I thought because the option was there to assign tuners to preferred modes, it's be better. But if you're saying it doesn't matter then that's fine, I'll leave it as default.

I'm coming from a Zgemma, so I'm a bit of a n00b to the twin tuner config.

Thanks for you're help.

Ped

Title
    Thanks
    Just came back to say to say thanks, followed you're advice and it's working perfect.

Regards