Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simple streaming VU+ to PC

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys got this working and vlc opens automatically when I stream
    The picture is quite poor and blocky
    Is it the settings in tunisia or vlc I need to adjust
    Thanks
    Regards
    jcl

Title
    Thanks
    this is sweet now my lad can watch whatever he wants to on his pc without bothering his poor old dad

Title
    Thanks
    hi mate i managed to stream internally with the settings provided by yourself from my dm500.the snag is streaming externally , i just cannot get vlc to play .it does actually ask for username & password but then nothing happens.kindly provide full details of how to setup vlc on a external machine & does the pc on the lan as the dm500 need to be switched on all the time you wish to stream externally.i have managed to log into my box externally with the tunisa sat player it shows the epg,time,channel name etc & that it is streaming but no picture.where am i going wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to use the vu+ duo via hdmi to a tv and using a tv card feed it via component to the pc? so that we can record and stream to other pcs in the house? effectively a tuner to each or would i need 2 receivers upstairs instead? I currently have a dm800 downstairs, but need one for 2 bedrooms upstairs too.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've installed VLC 1.1.4 and have got this working but the picture is blocky. I've tried the suggestion of increasing the cache to a bigger sie to ensure smooth playback, however this doesn't work because it still happens and the feed is no more than 1/2 second behind the tv feed if I put that on at the same time.

I changed the setting under Tools->preferences selected the all rasio button, then went to Input / Codecs -> Access modules -> File -> "Caching value" and "Extra network caching value" and set these both to 10,000 but it made no difference to the delay on the stream.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? I'd really like to use this feature.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all. love streaming from vu duo to my pc.
    I have noticed that if your streaming HD, you need a 4 core processor, anything less will cause freezing.

Title
    Thanks
    my vu never lets me access the interface online for some reason even on my home network..i put in the ip of the box and naff all happens other than being told the page is not available

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Change the port to 80 in the plugin OpenWebIf (Long Blue press)
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcquaim View Post
    Change the port to 80 in the plugin OpenWebIf (Long Blue press)
    Haven't used this function in awhile and wasn't working until I tried the above. So now can access the Vu but when i click on Stream a blank window pops up. Do i need to install something on my PC?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Pee View Post
    I have just ran a second feed from my quad lnb to the vu+ duo and I am enjoying streaming to PC. I configured tuner B as ' second cable of motorised dish' and it works perfect I can now view any channel on the same satellite (not just TP) on my PC. Its amazing what this box can do for the price. Loving my vu+ duo more and more everyday. Thanks for all the help.
    I have a twin feed coming from a fixed Sky dish. Have configured the Tuner A and B identically (individually) as well setting Tuner B 'equal to' A. But still, every time I change the channel on the PC, the receiver changes too.

I also have the DreamBox Live app installed on my iPad and am able to watch separate channels (ones different transponders too) and also switch on the iPad without the channel on the receiver changing.

Is there something obvious that I am missing - a setting on the PC streaming software itself perhaps??

Thanks.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Set both to simple, single, 28.2E

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    When I use the web interface to download rather than stream, I'm getting about 3.5MB/s downloads, so a 4GB film takes roughly 25 minutes or so... anything I am missing speedwise that I can try? This is over LAN btw.

Title
    Thanks
    Just got my Vu+ Duo all set up now and love it. Very simple this is thanks to your instructions to get streaming going.

Love it, quality is well and works wonders.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I noticed some of you were having troubles streaming and codecs were mentioned above.

Codecs were definetly my problem but i have just updated my VLC Player to the latest version: 2.0.5

and it now runs perfectly so worth a try may sort for you guys.

Regards

Hurrst

edmundz
    Hi Guys,

I just installen the VIX image for the fisrt time and I like it but streaming doesn't work here as it should .
    I can stream a chanel only if I first zap to that chanel, if I select another chanel I get an error from VLC.
    In the older webinterface with an older Pli image I could stream 5 different chanels simultaniously.
    Someone know how to fix this?

thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast