Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple streaming VU+ to PC

Title
    Thanks

Simple streaming VU+ to PC

I have always streamed my DM600 to my PC, and now that I have the VU+ Duo, the streaming is silky smooth.
    I never have used the "Web TV" button on the web interface. I simply bring up the interface in my browser.
    192.168.0.1 is the IP of my box.
    Select the current active bouquet, and the current channel shows with a link for EPG and stream.
    Click on the stream link, and open the .m3u with VLC and off it goes

I should add that depending on your tuner/transponder setup, you can change and view other channels on the TV while streaming the original channel to you PC.
    It is also possible to record the stream on the PC with the VLC record button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monty; 14-05-10 at 20:31.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Monty For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

2bagstew (25-10-11),BadKarma (10-08-10),bobonthejob (12-05-10),catseye (12-05-10),Chunkey (12-05-10),dixons (29-01-13),fredphoesh (01-11-15),grtmoby (12-05-10),hummer66 (12-05-10),ksa (30-07-10),micscave (12-05-10),nedisared (23-08-10),oneforall (12-05-10),pudvos (27-05-13),RS2k (25-03-13),Sicilian (12-05-10),urmel47 (11-11-10),Zaxxman (16-05-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    For streaming outside of the local LAN, try this. Taken from another forum and adapted by me:

Code:
    Dreambox streaming to internet,it was never easy like this.

Streaming dreambox channels to internet in 12 steps:

1-Install the programmes from the links below.
    2-Install the VideoLan programme to the computer you want to stream to
    3-Create and update dynamic dns address.
    4-Open and forward the port to your WebIf on the vu duo (I personally changed the from port 80)
    5-Open and forward port 1234 to your computer IP.
    6-Open and forward port 5678 to your computer IP.
    7-Fill the options for the tunisiasat program (such as the model of dreambox - I choose the dm8000 for my vu duo, the dns address you are using etc)
    8-Choose advanced in the upload speed profile section
    9-Change settings to mmsh in the access mode, Encapsulation as mp4, codec as h264, bitrate as 512, scale as 0.75, audio codec as mp4a, bitrate 64, channel 2.0, width 320, height 180, fps 25, sample rate as 44100.  Save and Apply
    10-Choose the channel from the bouquets shown on the left
    11- Hit start streaming from the program.
    12-Take the appearing internet address and use it with vlc player on your computer that you're streaming to at work or wherever
    Tunisiasat dreambox player and webstreamer 6.0.1
    Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/244900782/8e810e16/Tunisiasat_dreambox_player_and.html
    - Install on server pc local to the vu duo/dreambox. I had problems with the 6.0.4, as this is a portable version, and I couldn't get it to load, so recommending this version...

Tunisiasat dreambox web receiver5.02
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmmioe3y5t
    - This softare installed in remote pc to control the streamer porgam and indirectly dreambox
    VideoLAN 1.0.5
    Code:
    http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.5/win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe
    - Install on both server pc, and on remote pc

One tip with the above, is the instead of using mms://your.domain.com:1234, use mmsh://your.domain.com:1234 in vlc. This helps to show the loading straight away.

Another thing is, that you might have to alter your settings to the above dependent on your bandwidth. The h264 is the best way I've found of streaming in highest quality, but only vlc player will load the stream for some reason...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pooface; 30-07-10 at 21:23.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

bassethound (24-09-10),guli (07-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    This is superb when it works.

Unfortunately, the streaming has been a bit temperamental for me lately. When I click on the streaming link in the Web GUI, VLC pops up. However, more often then not nothing happens (i.e. no streaming and no error message or any other indication of what's gone wrong). Sometimes it would stream the channel just fine.

I can view the same channels on the TV connected to the DUO no problem.

The PC is ageing but still amply specced for this (quad-core, 4GB of RAM, nVidia 8800, gigabit Ethernet). Running Vista and the latest official VLC. There are two unmanaged gigabit Ethernet switches between the DUO and the PC (a Netgear and a US Robotics); other types of traffic flow via the same route with no apparent problems. I can see the Web frontend in my browser with no issues whatsoever.

The DUO is running Dream Elite.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Title
    Thanks
    I would uninstall vlc player reboot and re-install vls player be sure to select the addin for firefox and try again. If that still fails start looking at uninstalling codecs/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sivhead For This Useful Post:

khota (24-05-12)

Title
    V.I.P
    if i tell where i live am afraid ill have to kill you
    Thanks
    tbh im the same as aix,ive never been able to get this to work well ,or even in some case not at all, i mean rite now the mrs is watching coronation street ,i click on it and it starts and shows me ip addy and it comes on but after about 40 secs i lose it all together
    Last edited by notanotherone; 30-07-10 at 20:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Are you using the Pli image I cant say I have tested a lot of VU images streaming but when I had a dreambox I tried over 10 different images and streaming would not work on any of them or when it did it was hit and miss. Until I used PLi so try pli for streaming and see how you get on

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    added a guide I wrote a while back to this thread taken from a different thread... Should hopefully help if having problems internally or want to stream externally
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (01-08-10)

Title
    Thanks
    I simply followed the guide from Monty up there and I got it to work, streaming very clearly to PC with VLC and PLI image but no sound. I have tried a few things but none of them helped get the sound to work.

Title
    Thanks
    Using the VTI image here, I tried this for the first time and it worked without any problems. I did have to press play on VLC as it's paused initially.

This would be perfect if selecting the streaming channel did not have to be output to the TV connected to the VU+ Duo. Small annoyance considering we can now watch 2 different channels at the same time.

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Actually my bad guys - You can watch another channel without first selecting it!

Woo Hoo this is just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Using the VTI image here, I tried this for the first time and it worked without any problems. I did have to press play on VLC as it's paused initially.

This would be perfect if selecting the streaming channel did not have to be output to the TV connected to the VU+ Duo. Small annoyance considering we can now watch 2 different channels at the same time.

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    hi guys can u watch hd chanls as well plz let me know if any one can cheers
    in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mo.p View Post
    hi guys can u watch hd chanls as well plz let me know if any one can cheers
    in advance
    Yes mo.p, HD channels too if your network connection can handle it.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/atta...achmentid=1511

Title
    Thanks
    I get Hd channels but it freezes every 10 secs. Is this due to my network or internet speed? anyway to sort it.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    cant remember how to offhand...but set up a "cashe" @ say 5 seconds

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Using this*http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...aming-VU-to-PC

for some reason I wasn't able to play the file from outside my LAN. *VLC couldn't open the file but i noticed it was trying to use port 8001 which got me thinking.

I am now able to watch my VU Duo at work and change channels via a much simpler method! *All you need is VLC on your work pc.

Set up your dyndns as per the guide on page one of the guide above.
    Port forward on your router port 80 (or whatever you fancy) to your VU Duo IP. (provided you have 80 set up on the box)
    When you go to your dyndns address now at work for example, you will automatically be directed to the WEBIF.

In your router forward port 8001 to your VU+ IP.

I advise going into the WEBIF on the box and setting http to authenticate. *Also change your box password in telnet for extra security.

Now when you log onto your address, you will be prompted for your box username and password and you can start watching any channel you want!

No extra software required and really easy! *I think I just got lucky.

I'm using DE BH 1.3.3F.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torreslegend For This Useful Post:

aix (19-08-10),grtmoby (18-08-10)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast