Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Playback keeps freezing and general HDD problems

Title
    Thanks

Playback keeps freezing and general HDD problems

I purchased a TM-Nano 2 Super with 1TB HDD fitted from WOS back in April.

From the very start I have had nothing but problems with it. When I first received it the HDD was not recognised. I was send a replacement HDD cable from Technomate which solved this problem. However HDD problems have been ongoing. At least once a day the HDD would just disappear from the system so scheduled recordings would fail and the only way to get the HDD back was to completely power off the system. I have tried various releases of ViX but all with the same issue. Thinking the problem may be with the HDD I removed it and put it in my PC and it worked fine without any problems for a couple of weeks, so I put it back in the TM-Nano 2 Super but once again the HDD just kept disappearing from the system. So I decided to take an old 360Gb drive from my laptop and install that to see if it makes any difference. Well it did, the problem with the HDD disappearing seems to have been solved. However when I try an playback any recording they keep freezing and the only way I can get them to start again is to exit from the recording and then start it again from the position last watched.

So I guess the next step is to contact WOS and send the unit back but before I do that I though I would post here to see if anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing the problems. I know the original new HDD supplied with the unit is 100% OK. So I guess that leaves the unit itself is faulty, there is some sort of driver issue or I have set something incorrectly in the settings.

Any help would be most welcome.

Regards.

FC01

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    My ET10k will nearly always loses the hdd after reflashing (couch flash). I power off at the mains for 30 minutes to resolve it.

When mine fails, a telnet session can tell you what's happened by using the dmesg command.

This is what I see when everything is ok. Unfortunately I haven't a failed copy. (SATA link dialogue, I think, starts up at 3.0 Gbps)

root@et10000:~# dmesg | grep ata1
    ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 mmio [mem 0x10181000-0x10190fff] port 0x100 irq 42
    ata1: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300)
    ata1.00: ATA-8: HGST HTS541010A9E680, JA0OA560, max UDMA/133
    ata1.00: 1953525168 sectors, multi 16: LBA48 NCQ (depth 31/32)
    ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
    root@et10000:~#
    Last edited by ccs; 10-07-16 at 16:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Kept happening to me when I briefly had my Xtrend ET10K. One of the reasons why I got shut of it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... not my idea of a solution, getting shut.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    lol.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)