Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Couple of Issues....

Title
    Thanks

Couple of Issues....

When I logged in again I was asked to renew my password (think that's the first time this has happened on a forum) which I now realise is an attempt by the admins to increase security (it doesn't btw). I have also discovered that mentioning this means this thread will be locked.

This is at odds with the fact that HTTPS doesn't work, you either want to increase security, or you don't. You really should enable HTTPS and keep it updated and working as your 30 day password change policy will mean that most people will use simple passwords, and probably reuse existing ones rather than a long complex unique one so even though I have seen it mentioned that "it doesn't matter, it's only a satellite forum" the passwords being securely transmitted is important regardless. As a rule of thumb if you have to enter a username and password on a page or you have a link to a page with a login form on it then those pages should be HTTPS.

As for the actual reason I was actually going to start this thread, I was asked to agree to the forum rules and in the rules there some links to posts on the forum, which I can't view until I agree to the rules so a catch 22 situation there. I either need to agree to the rules without actually fully reading everything or I do it properly and get stuck not being able to agree to something I am not allowed to look at.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    This is a bit like the recent referendum, you are either in or out .... this is not a negotiable situation, you either agree and participate or you dont particpate
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    This is a bit like the recent referendum, you are either in or out .... this is not a negotiable situation, you either agree and participate or you dont particpate
    That was my point, you cannot agree to something you know nothing about and are not allowed to look at.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Pmsl.. Guys please don't start getting all political. This has been brought up before and the stance is you either agree or don't use the forum buddy
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    the discussion about renewall password is ages old and was closed.Just use the same password again and you will be alright.No need to change and rules are rules.I did not read them all to.Just keep in mind no CS talking and posting in right section.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is not a democracy here (or any other forum) - you either agree to & respect the rules and the way the forum is run or else don't use the forum. If it was up to forum members to decide the rules it would be a complete mess. The issue of passwords needing changing has been brought up several times and I don't think anyone will change the policy for you either. You obviously don't participate a lot if this is the first time in 3 years you needed to change the password. And you really are nitpicking - only 2 items in the forum rules have links - one of them is the instructions on how to post a link (you dont need to accept anything here) and the other are the trading rules - they only need to be looked at if you are actually going to trade on the forum. You really need to contribute more instead of whinging.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    With the general attitude of '**** it, that'll do' I don't really want to contribute tbh. I don't know what you want me to contribute, I came here as a potential customer of the sponsor, but if this is the attitude then I'd rather go elsewhere. Whether it is nitpicking or not it doesn't matter, I raised an issue and it could either be looked at and noted, or completely ignored. I don't much care whether you think I am whinging or not.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Enabling https is going to take a lot of work for which I won't have time for at until early Sept, I've got too much going on right now.

Password expiry was set to 180 days a while back.

I've changed the registration rules to not include the two links that you are referring too. No one has ever pointed out about those two links, thank you
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (31-07-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If the op wants to post something on a forum, he's entitled too. He wasn't rude or disrespectful to anyone - unlike some of the responses.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (31-07-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just had to change my password which i've done number of times before, but now the entry boxes aren't aligning with the prompts