Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Copying files from VU+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks

Copying files from VU+ Solo2

Hi all

At the moment, I am using my laptop and Filezilla to transfer programmes from my VU+ Solo2 to my laptop so I can watch them away from home on my laptop.

I'm going away on holiday and I'd like to watch what I've recorded away from home. Is this possilbe? If so, how can it be done.

Adrian

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes. If you are using your laptop you can log onto your box using openwebif.(type in ip address of box : port number)
    You need to make sure your connection is secure. Set a password for your box. In openwebif config change your http port.
    You will have to open the port on your router to access it from outside your network but this can be dangerous as it opens your network to hackers.
    If you have got a router that can create your own VPN then this is the safest option. There is also a thread on setting up SSH to secure your box http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...c-private-keys.

You will need to do a bit of reading up.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your response. I have just bought (being delivered tomorrow) my new router. It is an ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400 Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Router.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC8...563041_TE_item

A friend of mine has the same router and he's told me that I can basically use it to get to my VU+ box as if I was in the same room. It uses a VPN with usernames and passwords.

Thank you for your help. I'll post on here again and let you know how I get on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes. Ive got the same one. I use the router OPENVPN to log onto my boxes from outside my network. If you use Apple devices there is also a VU+PlayerHD app for iPhone/Ipad.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Yes. Ive got the same one. I use the router OPENVPN to log onto my boxes from outside my network. If you use Apple devices there is also a VU+PlayerHD app for iPhone/Ipad.

I only have an Android device.

Title
    Thanks
    Same app is on google play see here; http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...603#post403603

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fatbob46 For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (04-06-16)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, so I'm having a few problems here.

I have finally set up my new ASUS router. It is an ASUS AC2400 RT-AC87U I was advised to keep the same SSID (whatever that is!!) and passowrd. This way I wouldn't need to change anything. Theoretically I should be able to just transfer the cables from my Virgin router into my ASUS router and hey presto.

I have tried that and although I get BBC1 ITV etc at the moment I'm not getting any Sky Sports channels etc.

Everything was ok when I was using the Virgin Router but now I'm not getting anything. I did try and do an EPG update. The update worked ok.

My IP address on my VU+ Solo2 box when I was using my Virgin Router was 192.168.0.105 It has now changed to 192.168.1.46 I can only assume that this is the address of the ASUS router.

When I click on the blue button and go to CCcam info. Go to Servers (3) it comes up with the following message "Error reading webpage!"

PLEASE HELP!!!!

The main problem at the moment is that I've got no picture on Sky
    Last edited by Adrian_london; 09-06-16 at 16:34.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Thread closed for obvious reasons.