Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you use this box?

Title
    Thanks
    Agree with regards to the remote -takes a while to get used to - the VU remote is far superior.

Can you confirm that the box is fanless?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    Agree with regards to the remote -takes a while to get used to - the VU remote is far superior.

Can you confirm that the box is fanless?
    I'm not overly fussed on the VU remote to be honest either. It is quite spongey and is basically the same layout as any other remote. The thing is that it works! So plus points for it.

I never noticed a fan when installing the HDD and I certainly can't hear a fan.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    OK so here is some feedback.

Positives:

Fast box / boot time on Vix around 60 seconds from cold and 25-30 seconds from restart of GUI
    Zapping is instant on channel change
    It look's awesome - the front display impressed me and it's just a basic VFD display but for some reason I think it looks very slick and easy readable something that I never cared about before on a sat box but really is useful when you can actually read it.
    Build quality also impressed me - looks and feels well built and expensive. No issues with hardware (of the actual box).
    Picture quality is perfect - better than my last box I have noticed a big difference.

Negatives:

The remote control - don't get me wrong I am not knocking the design of the remote. In fact the design of the remote is probably the favourite of any remote I'v used (I have used technomate nano 3t and vu+solo2). All the buttons are in the right places and you know when you have pressed it, they are not too soft (spongey). However the issue I have is if you press the same key more than once in quick succession it won't register the second press. Here's an example: you are in the EPG menu and you want to go up two channels, so you quickly press UP UP - it won't register the second UP press and you will have to press again. This can become frustrating when navigating plugins or the EPG. I have learnt to press and hold for scrolling and it does help however having to alter the way you use a box to get it to work properly isn't ideal. I have tried amending the settings in the image but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted miracle box and so have the guys at WOS so hopefully they can do some sort of driver update (not holding my breath) or you can get a universal remote if it really is a bug bearer.

Only other thing I would say is in the graphical EPG it maybe takes a millisecond longer to change pages than the nano 3t and the solo2 - but not noticeable at all. You have to try really hard to even notice it.

Verdict:

Even with this remote issue at present this box is amazing. With the speed and the ability to add and remove tuners it is future proof whilst also looking the business. I give it a thumbs up

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
    Did anything ever happen to fix the remote issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Agree with the remote comments - having moved from a VU to a Miracle box over a year ago took us a wee while to get used to the miracle remote.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Agree with the remote comments - having moved from a VU to a Miracle box over a year ago took us a wee while to get used to the miracle remote.
    Just about to order a MB Premium twin+. How do you rate this box?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    Just about to order a MB Premium twin+. How do you rate this box?
    We have an Ultra which is fantastic.

I checked out the specs of a premium a few months back - looks impressive - unlike the Ultra this one does NOT have a hardware transcoder.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imish For This Useful Post:

dfox (25-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    We have an Ultra which is fantastic.

I checked out the specs of a premium a few months back - looks impressive - unlike the Ultra this one does NOT have a hardware transcoder.
    That's ok, was looking at the xtrend et8500 as similar spec but I just think its an ugly looking receiver. don't like the shape.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    That's ok, was looking at the xtrend et8500 as similar spec but I just think its an ugly looking receiver. don't like the shape.
    Looks nicer in the flesh, imo pics dont do it justice. It's actually nice and compact.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Looks nicer in the flesh, imo pics dont do it justice. It's actually nice and compact.
    Food for thought then before I order.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Look at the sizes, cut a piece of cardboard and you'll see how compact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

dfox (25-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I bought this receiver in 2xDVBS2+1xC/T2 variant and I added a hard drive.
    So far the box works really great, I love it. Very fast zapping, great features. I'm using it also as miniDLNA server to stream music files to iPhone or my other A/V equipment supporting AirPlay and this feature works seamlessly.
    I'm not yet so familiar with ENIGMA though to play with various images and I'm just using my first EGAMI image that came in the box from the shop owner - no real problems detected so far, some minor topic with remote that was not switching off the receiver to standby mode while staying in EPG mode or DVR player application. I'm not sure if such behaviour is image specific issue or is just Miracle HW specific?
    I highly recommend this receiver, great price and it is much smaller then Premium Ultra.
    Miraclebox Premium Twin+ 2xDVB S2+1xC/T2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12