Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you use this box?

Title
    Thanks

How many of you use this box?

Hi folks,

How many of you are using the MB premium twin +plus? I see it has been for sale on WOS since feb but there isn't much discussions about it just wondering why more people haven't picked this up at around 200 quid it seems like well spec'd box.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,036 Times in 7,629 Posts
    I use as my main test box all the time, fast box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, AX HD61 COMBO, ZGEMMA H9 TWIN, VU+ ULTIMO 4K
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    Thanks
    I use Miraclebox Premium Ultra with Open Vix.
    Its a great box.......
    VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

Title
    Thanks
    In comparison to a gigablue quad plus... Who wins? What do you have as your main box sicilian

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would imagine the mb premium+ wins hands down.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I use as my main test box all the time, fast box.
    Curiosity. Does it have a symbol_circle entry under /proc/stb/lcd/?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    In comparison to a gigablue quad plus... Who wins? What do you have as your main box sicilian

Both are good imo, speed wise I'd say twin+ is faster. My main tv box always changes
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Technomate 80cm Powered by TM-2600 and Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Curiosity. Does it have a symbol_circle entry under /proc/stb/lcd/?
    Will need to check.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I would imagine the mb premium+ wins hands down.

In what way? Processor/speed wise? Hard to find any info on the mb premium + from people who actually are using it so any info you have on it I'll take . Looks good tho have to say

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Both are good imo, speed wise I'd say twin+ is faster. My main tv box always changes
    faster is good. I had a solo2 for a while and sold it to a friend. I liked it and it was fast but i thought might be better going for something a little newer.

Title
    Thanks
    Ordered the MB Premium Twin +

I will let you know how I get on and how the box compares to others I have used as there isn't a great deal of info on it at present.

Thanks for all the help.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottmcmullan8 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-05-16),Yellow Ostrich (24-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
    Ordered the MB Premium Twin +

I will let you know how I get on and how the box compares to others I have used as there isn't a great deal of info on it at present.

Thanks for all the help.
    keep us posted. I am interested in buying one too.

what tuners did you go for?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    keep us posted. I am interested in buying one too.

what tuners did you go for?
    I will mate I'll come back to you with some info. I went for a Twin sat for now. That's all that's currently offered in my area at present. But wanted the option to upgrade the tuner incase other services become available or I move

15. The Following User Says Thank You to scottmcmullan8 For This Useful Post:

imish (25-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    How are you getting on?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    How are you getting on?

OK so here is some feedback.

Positives:

Fast box / boot time on Vix around 60 seconds from cold and 25-30 seconds from restart of GUI
    Zapping is instant on channel change
    It look's awesome - the front display impressed me and it's just a basic VFD display but for some reason I think it looks very slick and easy readable something that I never cared about before on a sat box but really is useful when you can actually read it.
    Build quality also impressed me - looks and feels well built and expensive. No issues with hardware (of the actual box).
    Picture quality is perfect - better than my last box I have noticed a big difference.

Negatives:

The remote control - don't get me wrong I am not knocking the design of the remote. In fact the design of the remote is probably the favourite of any remote I'v used (I have used technomate nano 3t and vu+solo2). All the buttons are in the right places and you know when you have pressed it, they are not too soft (spongey). However the issue I have is if you press the same key more than once in quick succession it won't register the second press. Here's an example: you are in the EPG menu and you want to go up two channels, so you quickly press UP UP - it won't register the second UP press and you will have to press again. This can become frustrating when navigating plugins or the EPG. I have learnt to press and hold for scrolling and it does help however having to alter the way you use a box to get it to work properly isn't ideal. I have tried amending the settings in the image but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted miracle box and so have the guys at WOS so hopefully they can do some sort of driver update (not holding my breath) or you can get a universal remote if it really is a bug bearer.

Only other thing I would say is in the graphical EPG it maybe takes a millisecond longer to change pages than the nano 3t and the solo2 - but not noticeable at all. You have to try really hard to even notice it.

Verdict:

Even with this remote issue at present this box is amazing. With the speed and the ability to add and remove tuners it is future proof whilst also looking the business. I give it a thumbs up

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast