Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VU-Plus-Solo-SE-V2-2x-DVB-C-T-T2 how to watch and record?

Title
    Thanks
    tuner A is DVB-C NIM(SSH108)(DVC-C)
    there is no tuner B listed
    i can change tune A to DVB T2 though

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    That is a single tuner card.

Title
    Thanks
    i thought that the Solo SE v2 comes standard with a dual cable tuner?
    https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2

"1X DUAL / TWIN DVB-C/T2 TUNER INCLUDED"

Title
    Thanks
    What did you buy? Vendors can sell with the twin tuner card or single tuner card.

Title
    Thanks
    vuplus.co.uk - grrr lesson learnt then!!

So the one of the sponsor, is that definitely a dual tuner to allow me to watch / record?

Can you provide a link to a tuner on our sponsors site I would need to check for if I was to purchase a solo 4K with a cable tuner please? i need to move away from another box [solo2] so I only need a single motor tuner and the facility to watch/record on a single "cable" cable.

Title
    Thanks
    When buying a solo4k, you get to choose which additional tuner to buy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

tagteam3283 (01-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    just checked my other 2 x solo SE v2's and they have TT3L10 which I assume are dual tuners - I think I've cocked up when I bought the new unit.

I've swapped one of my older SE v2's with this new one. Now I've enabled the second tuner [although there is no cable connected into it] then started a record and I could watch a different channel so I assume that that's how it's done?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, the TTL310 is the twin hybrid tuner card. It has an internal splitter. Both tuners have to be set to match the signal wire connected to it.

Some trivia:
    If you have an FBC DVB-C tuner (only available for Uno 4K and Ultimo 4K), you have to set eight tuners even though all eight are the same and use the one wire.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have been searching for a thread about recording and watching with the hybrid dual tuner, so hopefully this is the right place for this question.

With my Vu plus solo 4k I have the Hybrid t/c tuner in the spare slot. It is set up for terrestrial. When I first got the box I did not have the satellite connected so could only watch the freeview.

Depending on what channel I was recording I could not watch all the others. For example I was recording POP for the kids and could only maybe choose from three other channels. If I was recording an HD channel I could watch a few more HD channels, but not all of them. I think that HD has its own multiplex.

My point is, as it is a dual tuner why am I limited on what other channel I can watch at the same time?

Any help appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    People always talk about recording channels. This approach does not really lead to a good understanding of the principles. You are better off thinking in terms of frequencies/transponders/multiplexes.

If you have one tuner, you can record/view many channels from one frequency.
    If you have two tuners, you can record/view many channels from two frequencies.

There are different numbers of channels on different frequencies. If you look at site below, you can get a break down of what services are on which frequency/multiplex/transponder for your selected mast.
    Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Title
    Thanks
    Thats a good Link thankyou.

I used to own Humax pvr9200. That had a twin tuner on it with only one input required. With that I had no issue recording one channel and watching any other channel at the same time.
    Like I explained before when there was a recording going on pop I had a choice of only 3 other channels. There must be something wrong here surely.
    The multiplexes on the link show more than 4 channels each.
    Have I got a setup issue?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Are you sure the hybrid dvb-c/t2 is a twin (or dual) tuner?

Title
    Thanks
    Without knowing what mast you are using or what tuner card/s you have and what tuner configuration you have used, it will not be easy to assist.

Even though one tuner card, it is still two tuners and both must be set. The default is DVB-C. If you only set the first one, the second tuner won't be used for Terrestrial. It is a bad setup, you should only have to set one.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

rats200 (26-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    That's great, the tuner j was not enabled. It now works properly.
    I thought j was if you had a cable tv setup, I changed it to t2 and I now have both tuners working.
    Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12