Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Widescreen (16:9) via Composite?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In the AV settings on the solo2 what is the output set as? I used the yellow rca socket without problem.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also you are using AV1 for both scart and composite on your TV? On my TVs (and any others I have seen) these are separate inputs.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I can only repeat that using one single yellow cinch connection between my Solo2 and my Sony TV switching between 3:4 & 16:9 works as expected. I didn't even setup anything analogue output related: my A/V-settings remained untouched on HDMI/1080p/multi.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

ronand (19-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Also you are using AV1 for both scart and composite on your TV? On my TVs (and any others I have seen) these are separate inputs.
    I think I uploaded the wrong photo... but the results were the same - even on AV2 (i think it was)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    I think I uploaded the wrong photo... but the results were the same - even on AV2 (i think it was)

As per @ronand's reply - AV1, AV2 and AV3 are physically separate connections on my TV also. AV1 is SCART, AV2 is S-Video and AV3 is the composite. You should use connection-specific settings on the TV rather than the same for everything. On my HDMI input I use "exact pixel" so there is no overscan. On AV3 I use "wide" as the default and the picture switches between widescreen and 4:3 as the broadcaster changes aspect ratio. I think the ViX info screen for the broadcast channel will always show 16:9 as the screen ratio as this is derived from the satellite/cable/terrestrial meta data transmitted. It is the actual video stream content data that will switch from 16:9 to 4:3 as necessary.

Try setting your AV2 (or whatever) to "full wide" and flick from channel to channel - usually CBS Action or one of the low-budget channels will be showing 4:3 material through the day. (or Channel 4 from 08:00 - 10:30)
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I can only repeat that using one single yellow cinch connection between my Solo2 and my Sony TV switching between 3:4 & 16:9 works as expected. I didn't even setup anything analogue output related: my A/V-settings remained untouched on HDMI/1080p/multi.
    I've clearly set a setting somewhere.. or the box is faulty (but can't see how).

Can anyone provide an image that works out of the box with a channel list that I can use to test on my setup? Google Drive or summat?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It doesn't take long to set up a fresh image using ABM (autobouquetmaker) to set up your channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Test 1 in #28 shows that the Solo2 SCART is working as expected.
    Test 2 shows that when you put that same (working) signal through your RCA cable it stops working at the TV end.
    So it's not the Solo2 failing.

Do you have another RCA cable?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Well, in test #1 it can be the WSS-signal on the dedicated scart-pin, which is not being used when using only the yellow cable.
    Anyway: IMHO a TV issue, as it works perfect here.

Title
    Thanks
    Well, in test #1 it can be the WSS-signal on the dedicated scart-pin, which is not being used when using only the yellow cable.
    Anyway: IMHO a TV issue, as it works perfect here.
    And how do you explain that it works fine and switches between 16:9 and 4:3 depending on the broadcaster signal with the Sky+HD box using the same cables, same ports, same TV?

I can feel a video coming on to demonstrate the problem.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I can't. But I can't reproduce the problem here either.

Title
    Thanks
    I can't. But I can't reproduce the problem here either.
    At least you are trying to help me - thank mate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    OK Guys,

I have figured it out and it was the TV setting "ORIGINAL"

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/at...7&d=1463646306

that was causing the problem with the Solo2 - However, I have it on ORIGINAL for the Sky+HD box and that switches between 4:3 and 16:9 mode in ORIGINAL. Me changing it to 16:9 on each TV around the house sorted the issue.

I always thought that "ORIGINAL" (instead of hard setting it to 16:9) would select the screen size based on the output of the video cable - and with the Solo2 box supporting Line 23 WSS flags that the "Original" signal would be either 4:3 or 16:9 and the TV could switch as necessary (exactly as the Sky+HD box seemingly does)

The only thing I can think of is that the Sky+HD box has a setting (Settings / Picture) called "SCART / RF1 Picture Format" which is set to 16:9. Maybe that makes the TV's see the ORIGINAL output as 16:9 and me setting the TVs to 16:9 means the Solo2 box doesn't have to do that?

Anyway, It's sorted now, there isn't an issue / fault with the Solo2 - it just outputs differently via SCART / Composite compared to the Sky+HD box.

Thank you to everyone who spared their time to be involved in this thread and for your ideas and suggestions.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-05-16),Joe_90 (21-05-16),twol (21-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I suggested you change your TV setting from "original" to "full wide" (as per my Sony) back in post #35. Different settings for different inputs and all that.... In any case you have finally cracked it
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Timbo (23-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I suggested you change your TV setting from "original" to "full wide" (as per my Sony) back in post #35. Different settings for different inputs and all that.... In any case you have finally cracked it
    indeed you did, but I have never needed to do that before, even with the duo that the solo2 replaced. Which is why I was convinced that wasn't the issue.

you live and learn I guess.

Next question: Is there any way of getting a 1280 x 720 image to display full screen on a 576i display via a Solo2 box? zoom out plugin or something? I have an IP camera and the output is getting cropped via non-HD methods. Displays fine via HDMI on screens that support "just scan" / "overscan off"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast