Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DLNA client / NAS Drive

Title
    Thanks

DLNA client / NAS Drive

Hello, I've a Xtrend Et10000 with latest OpenViX and I'm wondering if I can set it up to use my DLNA server/NAS drive.

I've a WD MyCloud and it has a DLNA server running. I currently use devices like Android smartphone, Amazon Fire stick (with Kodi), windows to play media files in my NAS using UPnP/DLNA. I would like to do the same using my ET10000.

I tried a DLNA Browser plugin found under plugins options in the box, but it only shows files under 2 GB.

So is it possible to use the box to play files in my NAS ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go to network settings on your box and mount your Nas there. Use the network browser to locate your nas and mount it. Enter user name and password. Make sure you have samba installed and running.
    Once its mounted press file/recordings list on your remote. Press yellow for location and you should see it there.
    Last edited by Ashley69; 24-04-16 at 07:46.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    I have same question, how to use vu+ as DLNA client? I don't want to use "normal" shared folders.

Title
    Thanks
    I was able to install DLNA/uPnP Browser through plugins and it sees my DLNA server softwares. It even sees few movies and can play those with subtitles. However it doesn't see all the movie files, only a few. Movies can't be fast forwarded. So it seems that this is a no go.