Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of newbie questions...

Title
    Thanks

Couple of newbie questions...

Hi folks, new to all this. Have been reading various forums for a few days, then took the plunge and bought our first Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid, set it up last night and got it working fine. We’re pleased so just ordered another one.

A couple of newbie questions…

Read somewhere that if the internal flash memory fills it can brick the box. Last night while trying to install Picons we installed to flash memory. How do you clear that, does a factory reset wipe everything?

Also why does applying/changing a skin break the network (completely cripples my connection and it’s necessary to reboot my hub to get any ping/speed back) and also restart the MiracleBox, is an incorrect setting causing this? TIA.
    Last edited by Nucleus; 13-04-16 at 10:58. Reason: Typo...

Title
    Thanks
    Can't edit the above post again?

What I meant to say was that when trying to install Picons there was no option to write to USB stick even though it was plugged in the rear USB port. The only option shown was Flash memory.

I know there are tight rules of what can/can't be discussed here and judging by the few threads, am I correct in assuming that this may not be the correct forum to discuss the setup of this box and all that it can entail? Found another "sponsored" forum where there seems to be much more discussion about the setup/configuration.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nucleus For This Useful Post:

endatheworld (05-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    You will need to mount the usb stick in the settings to get it to show up.

Title
    Thanks
    Added a 1TB USB HDD for recording, EPG and Timeshift. Keep seeing mention of FlashExpander and CacheFlush? Do I need to install/configure these plugins? Can I set it so plugins install to the USB HDD?

Considering this is the official forum, support for this box seems very thin on the ground, beginning to wonder if I opted for the wrong box!? Are MiracleBox new or something. Most forums seem to have big sections for other boxes but very little for MiracleBox!
    Last edited by Nucleus; 17-04-16 at 14:51. Reason: Typo...

Title
    Thanks
    If I press "Plugins" then download plugin information, a lot of categories appear with plugins listed. Is there anywhere I can find explanation of what they are and what they do? TIA.

Title
    Thanks
    If transferring local media files (.mkv/.mp4) to the box for playback which is the correct folder to place them in?

Title
    Thanks
    Admin/mods can close this thread. Clearly this is a dead forum offering no support for this product. Seven day old thread now with one brief answer to something. Found answers and support elsewhere. Close the thread plz.
    Last edited by Nucleus; 20-04-16 at 11:44.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post

Read somewhere that if the internal flash memory fills it can brick the box. Last night while trying to install Picons we installed to flash memory. How do you clear that, does a factory reset wipe everything?
    Guide to USB re-flash can be found on www.openvix.co.uk, see link http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bui...20by%20USB.pdf

Also why does applying/changing a skin break the network (completely cripples my connection and it’s necessary to reboot my hub to get any ping/speed back) and also restart the MiracleBox, is an incorrect setting causing this? TIA.
    Doubtful a skin is causing this, my guess is you've installed MGcamd with incorrect config file crippling your network.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If I press "Plugins" then download plugin information, a lot of categories appear with plugins listed. Is there anywhere I can find explanation of what they are and what they do? TIA.
    No there is not, these as all 3rd party plugins, google is your friend.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If transferring local media files (.mkv/.mp4) to the box for playback which is the correct folder to place them in?
    You would need to attached USB Media storage, such as USB stick or USB HDD. Then initalise, Menu > Setup > System > Storage devices.

Once done, transfer to /media/hdd. To play them press media button then navigate to /media/hdd.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    google is your friend.
    As already mentioned - found support elsewhere. Plz close this thread - this is obviously a dead forum, because of no replies after several days I initially thought I'd bought the wrong box, not very popular or whatever but after seeing another forum offering good support it's clear that its this forum which is dead. Thanks anyway but close the thread.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    WOW! What an attitude.... no this thread will remain open, there is no need to close it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (20-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    WOW! What an attitude from an admin!

What is wrong with the attitude? So you think it's a good forum where ppl wait seven days for any type of reply - and from the outfit that sell the boxes? On other boards I use (nowt to do with cable/sat) I often see ppl post complaining about no replies but that's after a few hours. In that case your sarcastic comment would be warranted, but in this instance it isn't. My comment of this being a dead forum with regards to this box is justified - even if you don't like it or may not agree. Admin on a power trip? Seen em all before. It's blatantly obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that so far as support for this box - this is a dead forum - completely. With or without sarcasm from an admin. Leave the thread open, close it, post more sarcasm, ban me - whatever - knock yourself out.

Awaits the forum regulars clicking Thanks on admins post... Seen it all before...
    Last edited by Nucleus; 20-04-16 at 14:03. Reason: Typo...

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Jeez... this is deep....

Simple bit of research from yourself would have found the simple answers. All on www.openvix.co.uk

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g.../video-guides/

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...channel-icons/

You could have even used the search function, same questions have been asked a 1000 times before.... dead forum, well thats your opinion.. knock yourself out, keep moaning.....

Maybe this section is quite due to this receiver being sooo easy to use and rarely does anyone have an issues with it
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the links. Had also spent a while browsing the OpenVix site. Good old chestnut that one innit - "Google is your friend" and "Read the forum" but as we know that could apply to any question ever asked on any board in the history of the web!

As a complete newbie to this (as made clear in the OP) this box definitely isn't "this receiver being sooo easy to use" - for someone familiar with things and the associated terminology - yes. Yet again let me try and get through to you that after seeing no replies here for seven days I had Googled and found some decent support elsewhere, a few ppl replied with helpful tips etc. Obviously I'll continue to learn and explore now. Shall we pick a subject that I'm into and you have no knowledge whatsoever of and when you ask newbie questions I'll post "it's soooo easy". Grow up, you're supposed to be admin. Why don't you post some more sarcasm then ban me so I can't reply, edit posts and lock the thread as inexperienced admins do sometimes? Either way - grow up!

btw: I haven't had issues with it, am quite comfortable with it now (after some helpful folk chipping in elsewhere). LOL! thread been dead for seven days - only now do you see a few ppl reading it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast