Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Live pause issue

Title
    Thanks

Live pause issue

Hi, i have a venton twin catv tuner eco + box, i am using the latest 3.2 vix image but i cant seem to use live pause.

Funny thing is, pause works fine if i use pts then pause afterwards,also pause works ok if i am waching a recording or media connected via usb.

Has anyone came across this issue? i seem to get the mad stop sign top right hand corner of my screen while attempting live pause !

Another issue i have noticed is channels remain blank a lot when selecting channels, i then have to select another channel and then go back to clear the channel,,,however i think that could be a tuner issue?

Everything else seems to work just fine with this latest image :-)

Many thanks in advance

MK
    Last edited by MeeŽkat; 08-04-16 at 02:40.

Title
    Thanks
    I also have this problem with the Venton HD eco. I tested a VU+ duo a couple of weeks ago with the latest Openvix, iniatialised drive and all was perfect including the timeshift pause. A couple of days ago I flashed a Venton HD with openvix 3 2 037 and no live pause. I know you can remedy this to a degree by assigning a button to use for timeshift before you will be able to use it. To do this:

Menu-> Setup-> System-> User Interface

At this point choose 'Button Setup' and then press the button you would like to use for starting timeshift (eg: the 'Play' button). Now you will be presented with a list- choose 'Info Bar' and then 'Start Timeshift'

Pause button will pause and Ok button will play again. but why not the same as the VU duo pause and play button?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mogsog For This Useful Post:

MeeŽkat (08-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice mate, i installed open atv 5.3 and it fixed the live pause issue,i,ll try the next vix branch image when it becomes available.

Title
    Thanks
    Venton UNIBOX HD ECO+ HD This is exactly the same prob im having lads wheres that image mate open atv 5.3 .
    ps
    the remote is badly set out as well and cant see the writing under the buttons

Title
    Thanks
    ok I have found that image and tha atvimage and that's even worse the pause works but when I press it again to play it fast forewords to where it is in real time now that's know good, This box or the images are not very good I wish I had not brought now.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogsog View Post
    I also have this problem with the Venton HD eco. I tested a VU+ duo a couple of weeks ago with the latest Openvix, iniatialised drive and all was perfect including the timeshift pause. A couple of days ago I flashed a Venton HD with openvix 3 2 037 and no live pause. I know you can remedy this to a degree by assigning a button to use for timeshift before you will be able to use it. To do this:

Menu-> Setup-> System-> User Interface

At this point choose 'Button Setup' and then press the button you would like to use for starting timeshift (eg: the 'Play' button). Now you will be presented with a list- choose 'Info Bar' and then 'Start Timeshift'

Pause button will pause and Ok button will play again. but why not the same as the VU duo pause and play button?
    done all this and still don't work very well, I set the time shift to work after 2 sec and it don't work on any image, I want to pause when I need to without messing about like im having to do now, I have an xtrend same setup well with open vix and that pauses fine, I have tested openvix with this box and it just wont work?